support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones David Beecroft playing System 54 saxophones

Chris98

I notice with interest that David Beecroft is now playing 'System 54' saxophones, I don’t know anything about these saxophones but David certainly sounds great on them:
System'54 Saxophones | Actual

Anyone know anything about them?

I also appreciated the lesson David provides on their website, and I rather sheepishly wondered when was I last used my metronome!
http://www.system54.com/113.html

I’ve had an interest in David Beecroft since getting his book "Perfecting Intonation" which I highly recommend for anyone wanting to explore the intonation of their sax and develop their ear.
"Perfecting Intonation Thread"

Best wishes,

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I notice with interest that David Beecroft is now playing 'System 54' saxophones, I don’t know anything about these saxophones but David certainly sounds great on them:
System'54 Saxophones | Actual

Anyone know anything about them?

I also appreciated the lesson David provides on their website, and I rather sheepishly wondered when was I last used my metronome!
http://www.system54.com/113.html

I’ve had an interest in David Beecroft since getting his book "Perfecting Intonation" which I highly recommend for anyone wanting to explore the intonation of their sax and develop their ear.
"Perfecting Intonation Thread"

Best wishes,

Chris

Hi Chris,
One place which stock System 54 saxophones is http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Woodwind-Direct based about 5miles outside of Norwich here in Norfolk, they have a ebay shop. :)

I hope some time in the future to give them a look.:w00t:

Regards Tony (teebones) :mrcool

Last edited by a moderator:
I play the System 54 1 Piece Soprano with the curved neck in the unlacquerd bare brass.Fantastic soprano,very full and warm sound.Intonation is great.Build is fantastic,very solid horn,has black mother of pearls.Got mine from our Birdman (Pete Scaddan) at Studio Saxophones in Wales.Pete has the full range of Sytem 54 horns,alto,soprano,tenor and baritone.He has some Youtube sound clips of him testing the 54 tenors.Alot of cats are jumping on these sax's,Toni Kofi plays the 54 bare brass alto,he can play.You always get a top deal also off birdman.

I play the System 54 1 Piece Soprano with the curved neck in the unlacquerd bare brass.Fantastic soprano,very full and warm sound.Intonation is great.Build is fantastic,very solid horn,has black mother of pearls.Got mine from our Birdman (Pete Scaddan) at Studio Saxophones in Wales.Pete has the full range of Sytem 54 horns,alto,soprano,tenor and baritone.He has some Youtube sound clips of him testing the 54 tenors.Alot of cats are jumping on these sax's,Toni Kofi plays the 54 bare brass alto,he can play.You always get a top deal also off birdman.

Hi Dave...Good to hear you are happy with your 54 sop.....just had a new shipment ahead of the sax congress...interest is growing in these horns a real alternative to a Mauriat and a lot cheaper.

Hi Dave...Good to hear you are happy with your 54 sop.....just had a new shipment ahead of the sax congress...interest is growing in these horns a real alternative to a Mauriat and a lot cheaper.

Hi again Birdman (pete), yes its a cracking blow.As you know i sold my Mauriat 64 soprano to get the 1 piece curved neck 54.Always wanted a 1 piece curved neck sop,very Yamaha yss 62R.The 54 is very super slick,great ergonomics,very fat sound.Those UL 54 Tenors with the solid silver neck look great.Have to thank you again for a great deal on my new Bauhaus Walstein M2 silverplate Tenor.Just done a section rehearsal on it and it blended great.Love the look of it and sounds sweet as.Hey its built like a tank.Cheers me mucka.Dave

I am trying to get hold of any reviews which may exist of 'Woodwind Direct', an ebay shop based in Norfolk (near Norwich), who are referred to in your post, Teebones. I am contemplating a possible purchase from them. I wondered whether you ever dealt with them ? (And if so whether they were OK).
Thanks very much

I am trying to get hold of any reviews which may exist of 'Woodwind Direct', an ebay shop based in Norfolk (near Norwich), who are referred to in your post, Teebones. I am contemplating a possible purchase from them. I wondered whether you ever dealt with them ? (And if so whether they were OK).
Thanks very much

I bought my System 54 tenor sax from them - superb to deal with and very helpful in all ways. Would happily buy another sax from them - just don't need any more at this moment in time. Highly recommended, straightforward, honest & very helpful throughout!

Kind regards
Tom

So that's what I'm doing wrong!

There was I thinking I was supposed to play on the beats but the damed thing is always starting before me then I'm playing catchup! Lol.

I'll just ignore it and wait for it to catch me up next time.

If only I was joking! My timing sucks, just can't get it together with the metronome.

Lee.

I'll just ignore it and wait for it to catch me up next time.
Just keep at it, it's very early days.

Of course, as your sense of time improves, so does your playing, but you become more aware of the (smaller) mistakes you're making. Not to mention the mistakes of those around you. I'm just beginning to realise that this process probably never ends, and you just have to learn to enjoy the improvements but also accept the imperfections.