support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Davey Is Moanin !!!!!!!!!

daveysaxboy

Account Closed
Caught up at last on stuff.Heres a extended ( you know I like long !!!) version of Moanin for the other sax forum I did tonight.Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fine beginning with good use of dynamics then blasts off with a great transition at 1:02 and steps outside. Kind of like a space walk, but from the guy inside the suit's point of view...not looking at the serenity of a guy with the earth behind, but being in the suit with your heart pounding, totally in control, but not in a way you'd walk around on the planet below. The rest of it is also good, but those outside moments that first come up are great.

Fine beginning with good use of dynamics then blasts off with a great transition at 1:02 and steps outside. Kind of like a space walk, but from the guy inside the suit's point of view...not looking at the serenity of a guy with the earth behind, but being in the suit with your heart pounding, totally in control, but not in a way you'd walk around on the planet below. The rest of it is also good, but those outside moments that first come up are great.

Now that's some great description there Wade :welldone.I love it.Its a classic tune for sure and as ever I extended the blow.I love the long blows.I had fun.Thanks for checking it out.

I'm not sure Colin.Do a google search dude.

I could only find it as part of the soundtrack on a film called The Whole Nine Yards (Bruce Willis & Matthew Perry 2000), which I haven't seen

@davey - right up my street, loved it :)

I could only find it as part of the soundtrack on a film called The Whole Nine Yards (Bruce Willis & Matthew Perry 2000), which I haven't seen

@davey - right up my street, loved it :)

Good old Google,clever stuff.Thanks for the listen and i'm happy you likes it Sue.

Can't seem to get your youtube vids to play on my laptop or phone Davey. Very frustrating.

Heres the soundcloud for Moanin and my version of Shintosen

https://soundcloud.com/daveysax1/moanin

View: https://soundcloud.com/daveysax1/shintosen

hope you enjoy Profusia.

Got my earphones today so was able to sneak a listen, and glad I did...

https://soundcloud.com/daveysax1/moanin

Really nice work Davey, loved the head. I thought 90% of the improv was exceptional too. The odd other bits are probably just too advanced/progressive for my fledgling jazz ears. I might need a bit of time lol

View: https://soundcloud.com/daveysax1/shintosen

Ah now this one was 100% gold start to end. Very nice! I wish I could do even a little bit of what you do.

Got my earphones today so was able to sneak a listen, and glad I did...

Really nice work Davey, loved the head. I thought 90% of the improv was exceptional too. The odd other bits are probably just too advanced/progressive for my fledgling jazz ears. I might need a bit of time lol

Ah now this one was 100% gold start to end. Very nice! I wish I could do even a little bit of what you do.

Good to see you got there in the end.Thanks for having a gander at them.

Hi Davy

Shintosen, sounded like something Jan Garbarek would do, though your sound is very different.

Listening to your your stuff for some time now, your obviously more than comfortable with recording yourself and have a good set up with all the tec to support it....Your pretty much our resident GAS expert....could you tell me what sort of gear your using, like mic's music programmes, drum machines, loopers, reverbs etc etc. I presume you've been on this Music production route for some time, because it's bloody professional? Apologies if someone has asked you this before, but I'd really like to know!

How's the Gym goin Mate .... I'd like to see a new improved wok free avatar on Cafe Sax some day!

Wade I went back and listened to that section again, Yes I thought your description was Fab...I'm starting to see what outside (of the tune) really means.. I used to think, (with playing outside) discordant, not pretty, odd, but no I can see an extra dimension of style, freedom, rhythm etc, which to me now seems to highlight the normal part of the tune, and gives another sense of change from inside to outside, not possible by staying inside!

Hope this makes sense!
Maybe I should start investigating outside playing in this vein...do you have any suggestions, ie Players, tunes, Youtubes etc, to ease myself into understanding this more.

Off to walk some of the Queen Charlotte Walkway
in Marlborough.
Ciao

Hi Jimu. there is a current thread on the other site :
http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showth...D-Want-to-better-understand-the-sounds-I-hear
This asks a similar question and has has references to players who use this technique a lot. I'm very fond of guitarist Wayne Krantz who uses this in his playing.

The Queen Charlotte Track! Beauty! Hopefully the weather will cooperate, well at least you won't have thousands of tourists around.

Back
Top Bottom