All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Dave Guardala gets out of jail!

Fraser Jarvis

OK, This was a thread started by Phil Barone over on s.o.t.w. a couple of days ago until the mods made it vanish.

Aparently he was released about a week ago after spending about two years locked up for fraud, the discussion went something along the lines of what he would do with his life now he was a free man, well if i were Dave Guardala i sure as hell know what i would do!

I think his orriginal mouthpieces share the same legendry status as a Florida link or an orriginal Geoff made Lawton, but if he went back into production tomorrow would you be prepared to risk buying from him?

Modern Guardalas are made by a company in germany going by the name of P.M.S. I wonder if he would even be alowed to put his name on anything new he makes, could get quite nasty.

Thoughts?

jonf

O

I think his orriginal mouthpieces share the same legendry status as a Florida link or an orriginal Geoff made Lawton, but if he went back into production tomorrow would you be prepared to risk buying from him?
Nope. Two reasons.

One. He's a proven crook, so it would be very difficult to have any faith in anything he did.

Two. His mouthpieces are over hyped, and not as good as some people say.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
In many ways I agree with what's been said. But the guy's paid his dues and deserves a chance to be able to earn a living. There are plenty of bigger crooks around who've never been prosecuted (one politician not so far from me for one...). I'd consider buying one of his pieces - if the price was right, and if it was in a shop. But prices of his existing ones are way out of my budget. So I guess I won't be able to put my money where my mouth is.

singlereed

I use a PMS Guardala New Crescent on tenor and like it a lot ... a lot better than some other over-hyped pieces made by other certain US residents such as one mentioned on this page and others :)

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom