support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Dave Cambel @ the Duncan Garage

Littlewailer

Yo Peeps,

I'm here to tell you about Dave Cambel. He's an awesome down to earth regular guy who I regularly play with at the Jams here in town. Little did I know he is an amazing song writer and performer/ creator. He's put together a great album of originals that are a great vehicle of expression for his band mates (which is constantly changing)

Last night we played the Duncan Garage and the whole thing is recorded. Some very very magical moments took place.

Please give this your attention. He deserves a better gig than he's got which aint many right now.

This is the first Professional recording of me in a long long time. So I'm pretty darn stoked on it. You guys can actually hear what I sound like! Notable solo in the first song of part 1.

I'm gonna throw a lot of music at you. It gets super stank funky real quick so watch out.

http://www.ustream.tv/new/search?q=Duncan Garage

Parts 1 and 2 Should be right at the Top of the list.

You can also check out some individual songs on my youtube page but the quality is much lower although not too bad.
I've got solos in Suzy Q, The Eyes of a child, Who killed john? and Miss Fantastic but great version of Knockin on Heaven's door in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would have been nice to have heard you a little better. Whoever was mixing is an idiot. Organ and Bass and lead guitar were louder than the vocalist or his guitar and couldn't hear you or the drummer. Very sad to have a session like that ruined. Lots of screaming altissimo, but I guess it suits the style and you only got a few seconds at that horribly low level to let it rip.

Hey Wade,

Our drummer wasn't a drummer. He was actually brought in last minute to just give us a tempo.
I'm mostly playing the role of a rhythm and fill horn player behind the vocals unless soloing. There are some spots that get a little muddy but there's also some gold too. As with any 24 hours notice gig.

This is un mastered.

Gonna take about 6 weeks to get the finished product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Wade,

Our drummer wasn't a drummer. He was actually brought in last minute to just give us a tempo.
I'm mostly playing the role of a rhythm and fill horn player behind the vocals unless soloing. There are some spots that get a little muddy but there's also some gold too. As with any 24 hours notice gig.

This is un mastered.

Gonna take about 6 weeks to get the finished product.

Hopefully they will be able to fix a few things but with your levels so low and those open microphones there will be bleed like crazy. I wouldn't be surprised to find nearly all the microphone tracks gone except the vocals as you will have the drummer bleeding in but not really a part of the mix. It's going to be difficult to fix this kind of set up as it's not a good way to record. If you get the levels right in the first place and have everybody included then you don't have the shadow of a drummer bleeding through who wasn't set up with microphones. A little care in set up can make a big difference in what you have to work with when editing.

Best of luck. Hopefully you'll still be in there in the finished product.