PPT mouthpieces

Dash Cam

So if you can't film anyone doing anything without permission it's going to bugger up TV news to start with, back to presenter in studio sitting behind desk no outside on the spot reporters standing where something happened ten hours earlier with cars and pedestrians passing by.
Although that will be a great improvement.
Not sure if you saw the update or not.

I generally don't watch TV. Wherever I am. What little TV news I have watched appalls me. Especially when serious incidents happen and it's treated as family entertainment. No better than public executions in my book.

Reminds me of a corporate day out at Haycock races. Our hosts told us we were welcome to visit the paddock but be aware they were filming down there :)

Jx

Assuming of course that the donut in the other car wasn't one of the 1.2 million uninsured drivers out there.
That's alright the insurance companies run a scheme by which the rest of us pay for them.
The number of whom has increased dramatically because of the decision to do away with the tax disc because it saved and made money.

That's alright the insurance companies run a scheme by which the rest of us pay for them.
The number of whom has increased dramatically because of the decision to do away with the tax disc because it saved and made money.
What a cynical pussy cat!!
Insurance companies are the Samaritans of the finance world. o_O

What a cynical pussy cat!!
Insurance companies are the Samaritans of the finance world. o_O
Cynical about everything to do with finance.
The insurance companies put a levy on all insurance premiums so that people hit by uninsured drivers can get compensation.
The EU in their bureaucratric wisdom have decreed that an uninsured driver in an accident with another uninsured driver is entitled to claim.

What !!! That's crazy :confused:
Presumably if the uninsured is in an accident with an insured driver they can claim off them ignoring the obvious fact that no matter what occurred the accident must be their fault because they shouldn't have been on the road. Police probably don't bother prosecuting and even if they do the fine would be less than the cost of insurance.

Presumably if the uninsured is in an accident with an insured driver they can claim off them ignoring the obvious fact that no matter what occurred the accident must be their fault because they shouldn't have been on the road. Police probably don't bother prosecuting and even if they do the fine would be less than the cost of insurance.

In that case I would think the usual situation though is "I'm not insured, please don't grass me up I'll pay for your damage."

But then if the damage is in the thousands you may be down to the hassle of small claims court with the possible outcome that you get nothing, or never get your court costs back.

Horn, same as flashing lights means "I am here"

Another thing to watch out for is when selling a car. I was made aware of an uninsured driver having a serious accident with a vehicle he'd just bought. The previous owner had failed to cancel the insurance and the insurance company was liable and paid out. They are recovering all their costs from the seller of the vehicle and the Police are involved for aiding and abetting, I think it was.

Don't forget to cancel if you sell. He may lose his house.

Horn, same as flashing lights means "I am here"

Another thing to watch out for is when selling a car. I was made aware of an uninsured driver having a serious accident with a vehicle he'd just bought. The previous owner had failed to cancel the insurance and the insurance company was liable and paid out. They are recovering all their costs from the seller of the vehicle and the Police are involved for aiding and abetting, I think it was.

Don't forget to cancel if you sell. He may lose his house.
There is a difference between them, lights indicates position on the road, the horn is a warning of approach and cannot be used when stationary.
I think that previous owner had not notified the DVLC of the change of ownership which is more important, so he still 'owned' the car. If he had his insurance wouldn't have been liable whether he told them or not because the insurance would have lapsed when it wasn't his.

Back in 1990, not long after I had passed my driving test, I wrote to my local MP suggesting that the tax disc was done away with and be replaced by an insurance disc. The loss in vehicle duty could be made up with a slight increase in fuel duty and, therefore, those who impacted the road network the greatest would pay the larger share. Needless to say my suggestion was dismissed as 'unworkable'. Which is kind of ironic as it's more important to have insurance than to have proven you have paid another tax... ah well, I was 18 and foolish I guess :(

If I was stationary and the car in front is reversing into me, I will use the horn.

Also a finger. (but that isn't in the Highway Code)
Of course, no doubt we all have, when I was learning and the instructor told me it was illegal his next sentence was if the car in front is rolling backwards lean on the horn.

If I was stationary and the car in front is reversing into me, I will use the horn.

Also a finger. (but that isn't in the Highway Code)

Perfectly OK to use horn while stationary if another road user poses a danger (just to save anyone having to consult their copy of The Highway Code whilst waiting for another vehicle to hit them :))

Interesting that it has been challenged at all. I suspect that's related to the recent crash-for-cash claims and insurance companies are beginning to look more closely at which driver is really at fault in these situations. I don't know anyone currently in the industry so have no-one to ask about the current situation.

Latest on this is that the other driver has refused to give a written statement to his insurance company and is now attempting to sue my friend (I assume whiplash is involved somewhere in that). Her insurance company have not given his the dash cam footage because he won't give a statement...

Back
Top Bottom