support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

'Dancing on the Edge' BBC2 9pm Monday

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
Just a heads up for a series which starts on Monday BBC2 9pm 'Dancing on the Edge' looks good :thumb:http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p013qqwt

If it's not any good, at least it has the lovely Jacqueline Bisset starring :D good enough for me

Jacqueline Bisset? Man she's nearly seventy. Are you the toy boy who hangs around the bingo at closing time?

It's doing me nut in . What's Jessie been in?

I saw the trailer for this and thought it looked worth a watch. Thanks for the reminder :)

Trimmy, thanks for reminding me.
Forgot it was coming up!

The director, Stephen Poliakoff, is for my money one of the finest in the business. His "Shooting The Past", and "Perfect Strangers" are up there with the finest, most compelling television I have seen. Some would say they are slow-paced, I would say given they were given the space and time to develop their subjects as they deserved. Highly recommended.

I look forward to this new series with great anticipation.

I followed the link in the first post here, that then gave me a link to the facebook page, then another link to their album on itunes, I've been playing it all afternoon, really good. The trailers for the series look good too, I'll be rushing home from band on Monday :)

Just a heads up for a series which starts on Monday BBC2 9pm 'Dancing on the Edge' looks good :thumb:http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p013qqwt

If it's not any good, at least it has the lovely Jacqueline Bisset starring :D good enough for me

Hi Trim it looks interesting. I have just watched Miss Bisset being interviewed together with Stephen Poliakoff. I have long admired his works and his `Shooting The Past` Timothy Spall`s best role in my opinion was brilliant. I know that they are totally different but for some reason his writings always remind me of Dennis Potters TV dramas. Regds. N. Hi sorry just noticed Saxplorer has written exactly the same. N

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoyed it myself, only problem is i'm going to miss 2nd episode tonight and i don't have sky plus :(

But you have iplayer?...

Rushed home from band to watch it and really enjoyed it..

There's a wireless dongle for playing stuff off your computers on the telly.

Or wait till the repeat and then catch it next year on Dave and then it'll no doubt be on the pseudo history channel

I do but it means watching on a small laptop screen, oh well it will have to do

Just a thought but if your TV was made in the last 5 years you could probably hook up your laptop using a VGA or DVi cable.

So who recognised the "Severn Valley Railway" and the "Black Country Museum"?

Just a thought but if your TV was made in the last 5 years you could probably hook up your laptop using a VGA or DVi cable.
Technophobe here :confused: i'll ask my lad to show me for future reference, i got to watch it anyhows (i'm hooked)

Nope :shrug:

Nope didn't recognise the SVR. I know that the U class loco 1638 is owned by the Bluebell but didn't realise it was running on the SVR

Nope didn't recognise the SVR. I know that the U class loco 1638 is owned by the Bluebell but didn't realise it was running on the SVR

We ran a story a few weeks ago, (I work for MNA) about how this series was being filmed locally, SVR being named along with Bridgnorth station and the black country museum. The train ride in episode one looked to me like the stretch towards Hampton Loade but I wouldn't be certain. The funeral scenes and street scenes however were 100% identifiable as the Black Country Museum. I was thrown by the manor house though, I recognise it but cant put my finger on it, local though I'm sure..

Back
Top Bottom