PPT mouthpieces

Daily Check In

Lovely scenic drive down through Wales to a site with a trout lake.
IMG_20240518_203228073.jpg

Mowed the front lawn.

A big chunk of yesterday involved me helping a neighbour who has had shoudler surgery to plant some black bamboo. I'd already done two about ten days ago, this was the remaining four. The plants are about 2m tall, maybe even 2.5m in one case. This required digging holes around 600mm square with the added challenge of removing the turf first.

It was rather hot yesterday. Officially 21C but obviously much more in direct sun.

I was knackered last night.

Mowed the front lawn.

A big chunk of yesterday involved me helping a neighbour who has had shoudler surgery to plant some black bamboo. I'd already done two about ten days ago, this was the remaining four. The plants are about 2m tall, maybe even 2.5m in one case. This required digging holes around 600mm square with the added challenge of removing the turf first.

It was rather hot yesterday. Officially 21C but obviously much more in direct sun.

I was knackered last night.
600mm makes it look a lot, only a couple of spade widths all round.
Challenge of removing turf is re-doing a complete 60ft x 30ft lawn, fortunately I was in my mid fifties then.
Yesterday I planted eight various sized shrubs into a grassed area which meant knocking the turf off and digging decent sized holes in ground that is more stone than soil. The only way to get through it is kneeling down using an army trench digging spade.

Last edited:
OK I'm seriously annoyed. I was running a photography trip to Liverpool today. At 05.03 I got an e-mail (which I saw around 6am) from Avanti (the operators of the West Coast mainline) cancelling my train. There are no trains until at least 10am, so that is the trip stuffed.

The 5am alarm call wea therefore superfluous. I've already had to re-arrange it once.

Had a lovely day yesterday mooching around St David's cathedral and city. Our first visit and really enjoyed the peace. Managed a bit of shopping, only ever have time for clothes shopping on holiday. Short walk along the coastal paths after dinner.

After the morning rain cleared it stayed dry for the day, the odd spell of sun even :)

Jx

PigSquealer, has learned the secret of golf in the Sunshine State.
Never let the Gator pull you into the water hazard, but pull the water's hazard out and there are recipes. It's all about the sauce.

Seriously, Northern buddies think the Gator's eyes will always be just above the surface, but smart well fed Gators, see dinner arriving and move to hide just below.
On the links I advise them to first use a club, to stir the ruff, before reaching in for the ball. Rattlers and Cottonmouths might greet you.
That's why I posted a pic of the grandson and asked, can you see a rattlesnake?
When that pic arrived, I called his Dad and he said, no snakes in that area.
Raised our boy to think ahead in the Wild.
Tip, never eat the fish you catch near a reef, without checking with the locals, as Ciguatera might be present.

Last edited:
Today I'm ready for summer Rocksax. Maybe I need some extra time so the new songs comes out better? I can do some busking or play in the Rocksax workshop. I did both last year. I prefer to be in the workshop. But the cargo bike can easily be loaded; an active speaker/monitor, case with cables and microphones, lap top, the green soft carpet, microphone stand, electric extension cable and of course, the saxophone. In the workshop I have a PA with mixer so I get a better sound. And I play some bari as well indoors. I just play/sing 10 songs. "The Snake", "Cry To Me", "Happy", "Run Don't Walk" ... are new. I use backing tracks. The days when I was playing in a group/band are gone!

IMG_4881.JPG

Last edited:
A round trip 6 mile walk to the beach. Pembrokeshire is beautiful if you ever get the opportunity to visit. Heading north tomorrow. Hope the weather stays kind to us.

Jx

Well, it's carried on raining most of the day, albeit not quite as heavily as yesterday. There has been around 85mm of rain here in the last 48 hours: some nearby places have had well over 100mm.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Latest: Members' Recordings

Forum statistics

Topics
Members
Latest member
Dubdex
Back
Top Bottom