All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

SOLD d'addario select jazz limited edition sandstone marble tenor mouthpiece

sax panther

Subscriber
Price of Item
£125
Hi

For sale is a marbled select jazz mouthpiece. This is the D6M, which is a 0.100 tip (link 7).

Plays brilliantly - I bought two of these, from a person who bought three and kept one. I'm keeping one and selling one. It's in as new condition - played very briefly with a fresh mouthpiece patch on.

I don't have a "normal" black one to do a side by side comparison, but from what I can remember when I tried the black version on the pass around on this site a couple of years ago, this marbled piece is a bit less naturally bright - has a thicker, warmer sound, but still capable of some volume. Plus it looks much sexier, which is hugely important. If people are curious I can upload some sound clips if that helps. It's extremely easy to play - the kind of piece that gets out of the way and lets you concentrate on the music.

These are selling for £215 at sax.co.uk, I'm offering this one in as new condition for £125, including postage (if you're from overseas please contact me first, as postage might be a little more expensive). I'll leave it up here for a month or so before sticking it on eBay.

IMG_20191020_145907391.jpg IMG_20191020_145851641.jpg

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Someone buy this please... These are really, really good pieces and this one's tempting me (must not spend more money,... must not spend more money..)

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Someone buy this please... These are really, really good pieces and this one's tempting me (must not spend more money,... must not spend more money..)
It's nearly Christmas, have you been good? :)

Jx

sax panther

Subscriber
if you turn the contrast up, dim the lights, look at your computer monitor from a 35 degree angle and squint with your left eye, the marbling pattern actually spells out J U L E S

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
have you been good? :)
… as in spent all my money on my kids.. indeed I have!
if you turn the contrast up, dim the lights, look at your computer monitor from a 35 degree angle and squint with your left eye, the marbling pattern actually spells out J U L E S

La la la.. I'm not listening... la la la.. fingers in ears ;) .. By the way, are you still using that old Berg Larsen I sold you? The one that looked a bit like this?

sax panther

Subscriber
… as in spent all my money on my kids.. indeed I have!

La la la.. I'm not listening... la la la.. fingers in ears ;) .. By the way, are you still using that old Berg Larsen I sold you? The one that looked a bit like this?

Not as much as I used to - I was kind of forced to transition to extreme high baffle stuff for the tuba libres gigs to compete with our alpha male trumpeters, but I do still have it, and have used it for other types of gigs fairly recently. I was considering putting it on here when I got the d'addario, but I played it the other day and can't bring myself to sell it - it's too nice! And very reed friendly. Definitely the best berg I've tried. I find the d'addario a bit more versatile on the whole though - at the moment I'm playing it in a pit band where I'm doubling on clarinet and bass clarinet, and the d'addario makes it really easy to just pick up the sax and play.

sax panther

Subscriber
SOLD - unbelievably, on the strength of a recording of me playing it. My work computer doesn't appear to like the TTS website at the moment for some reason, so I'll sort the donation tonight when I get home.

sax panther

Subscriber
I think I've just made the donation, but not sure if it went through - a pop up appeared after I clicked place order. Jeanette - if it turns out it hasn't worked, please let me know tomorrow and I'll try it again.

sax panther

Subscriber
I think I've just made the donation, but not sure if it went through - a pop up appeared after I clicked place order. Jeanette - if it turns out it hasn't worked, please let me know tomorrow and I'll try it again.
ah, all good - just got an emailed receipt.

Top Bottom