All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

M/Pieces - Ligs D'Addario select jazz alto passaround

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
I might be able to organize a cafesaxophone passaround of this new D'Addario (Rico) alto mouthpiece
http://www.woodwinds.daddario.com/w...uctid=165&productname=Select_Jazz_Mouthpieces

Details are still to be defined, but established members in the UK are welcome to participate.
I would choose the 6 facing, as a good middle of the road choice for everyone.
@David Roach and @Pete Thomas are compelled participants.

Shipping to the next name has to be insured.
Participants must post a short review.

It is a new product, and Cafesaxophone has this great opportunity, thanks to the D'Addario UK marketing manager.

Who is up for it?

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
First update: we can choose two openings.
Which ones?

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
I'd like to try a 6 :thumb:

You still haven't got one :( The offer is still there to loan you one :thumb:

Thanks Kev, I have my tutor's Yam 62 on loan but would rather try it with what I might buy to see if it is a good match. Only played it a couple of times as I haven't got a decent strap but am ordering one tonight :)

Jx

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
Nobody knows yet.
we have a real premiere here.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Wonder how it'd play on a vintage Kohlert? Hmm. Big tip for me please.

Ads

Locality
North West UK
.............or an old YAS21.... a 7 Would be great to try , though with a relatively shallow lay

David Roach

Locality
London
I might be able to organize a cafesaxophone passaround of this new D'Addario (Rico) alto mouthpiece
http://www.woodwinds.daddario.com/w...uctid=165&productname=Select_Jazz_Mouthpieces

Details are still to be defined, but established members in the UK are welcome to participate.
I would choose the 6 facing, as a good middle of the road choice for everyone.
@David Roach and @Pete Thomas are compelled participants.

Shipping to the next name has to be insured.
Participants must post a short review.

It is a new product, and Cafesaxophone has this great opportunity, thanks to the D'Addario UK marketing manager.

Who is up for it?

Yes, I'm in for sure. 6 is good for me. I'd like to try the 5 too, but if the consensus is for the 6 & 7 I'll go with that.

altissimo

Locality
leicester
I think the range of tip openings - .073, .078 and .083 are a bit close together - only .005 apart.
If they're limiting things to only 3 sizes I'd've thought that maybe .068, .078 and .088 would be a more useful range of tip openings

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
I think the range of tip openings - .073, .078 and .083 are a bit close together - only .005 apart.
If they're limiting things to only 3 sizes I'd've thought that maybe .068, .078 and .088 would be a more useful range of tip openings

I am sure their marketing office knows the most popular facings. It implies that a shop can have only three pieces in stock, to cover the full range. I am looking forward to seeing what they will do with tenor pieces.

Usually I play a 5 (074) or an 8 (095). I am expecting the SJ to be in the ballpark of "legit" alto sounds, but I am ready to change my mind.

Ads

Locality
North West UK
I`ve PM`d my address Aldevis but only on the understanding that you don`t send the gang round to steal the Pruple Rat YAS21 (which as we all know is well more sought after than any crummy boring MkVI ) .........

1:- Bags not having to pay the shipping to Germany ;)
2:- As for Jeanette, maybe sending the piece with an Alto already attached maybe in order ?

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom