All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Custom Neck / Crook sling/mechanism

Koen88

Sax Drinker / Beer player
Locality
Netherlands
Hello there sax enthousiasts...

I found a way to limit my GAS expenses and cravings, and that's to 3D-print Saxophone parts and accesoires. So far its been 3 mpc's (still proto phase) a ligature and a " neck enhancer " (didnt want to pay 80 dollars for a brass ring!)

but tonight I had some more inspiration: next wednesday I'm going to trade my couesnon fixer upper for a fixed upped conn 14M (director/shooting stars non mexico) and this is going to be my marching band fun sax.

I've got several fun ideas (added light effects) but this one is quite feasable in a relative short time...

I'm planning to make a the mechanism or sling? (like and underslung neck?) which transfers the linear motion in X direction from the octave key to an Y motion at the pip.

Im thinknig of making a custom one, maybe with a logo from my band in it or make a custom underslung like a yanisagawa sort of style.. but everything can be possible! maybe even a sideslung mechanism??

do any of you have some cool ideas for a design?

regards

Koen

Koen88

Locality
Netherlands
View attachment 2588

The snake on the crook looks great! How about 3D printing one of these?

yeah I'vbe thought of that, or a dragon... but that's a cool one! thanks for the pic.

it will be tough reproducing something like that, I've got a more technical background and the software I design with (solidworks) is not designed for designing detailed aesthetics...

But I'll give it a go when my ideas have settled more and time is more abundant

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Come on Koen! Can you have one ready for me by next Monday please?

Koen88

Locality
Netherlands
Come on Koen! Can you have one ready for me by next Monday please?

well... no. I dont think my boss (of my parttime job) wil grant me a whole day of drawing stuff for my own use ;-)

and as of next month (saturday..) next to the fact that the sax I'm planning to make this for, wont arrive till next wednesday, I'll have to prepare for some semesterfinals (or how should i call it) for my engineering bachelor..

But this will be a welcome switch from studying every now and then, but I'll keep you updated!

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom