All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

curved neck for soprano.

Paul Warner

Hi all. The curved neck pipe section of my Walstein soprano is a bit bent and I wondered if anyone out there might have a spare/replacement? I'd be grateful, as I have some gigs coming up and wanted to use the sop' again. Another make might be o.k. e.g the instrument seems identical to my old Yani S880, so I assume a Yani neck would have the same or very similar dimensions??
Thanks....hopefully!

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
For your information... Yani necks don't fit on BW sopranos (or certainly won't fit on my curved one)- sorry.....

rhysonsax

For your information... Yani necks don't fit on BW sopranos (or certainly won't fit on my curved one)- sorry.....
I played a very early (possibly a prototype) BW curvie and its neck was interchangeable with the one from my Yanagisawa SC991. The Yani neck was more curved and slightly more comfortable, but they fitted each other and both sounded very similar.

It might be worth contacting Martin of Woodwind & Brass (the company behind BW) to see whether he has some spares about the place. They are very friendly and helpful.

Rhys

Rhys

Paul Warner

All sorted. Followed Rhys' suggestion and a replacement is on its way. Interesting that Yani's cheapest sop' neck is about £160 and BW's is £25!!!They look about the same to me.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom