All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Crazy Hepcats.

crocodilian

Hello there! I've been assured that there would be many videos on youtube and the like of this piece as I've just been given it to learn.
However, I can't find it anywhere! Can anyone point me in the right direction for a vid or mp3 or something?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Sunray

Hello there! I've been assured that there would be many videos on youtube and the like of this piece as I've just been given it to learn.
However, I can't find it anywhere! Can anyone point me in the right direction for a vid or mp3 or something?

Thanks in advance,

Jim
Is this what you want mate? [Linky Thingy] ;} Composed by Chris Gumbley [His Website]

You will need the Scorch plugin for your browser to see/play this score ...

The music you want is also in both of these music books ... [See Track List] [Linky Thingy]

PS - Both are for Alto ...

15 Crazy Jazz Studies for Solo Saxophone - by Chris Gumbley

Saxtet Publications: 15 Crazy Jazz Studies (solo saxophone edition)

15 crazy jazz studies including: Bebop Bounce, Low Down, Crazy Hepcats, Captain Sensible, Reed Fever, In The Groove, Merry-go-Round, Slim & Slam, DDD, Fourth Attempt, Tough Guys, Don't Waste Your Breath, Phrased Out, Funkey Monkey and Small Change.

Last edited by a moderator:

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
I played Crazy Hepcats for my grade 6!!
If you're truly desperate, I could record it for you, but I can't promise it would be perfect anymore!!

Maybe I should add... it never was perfect :)))

Last edited by a moderator:

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
well, it kept me entertained for the afternoon.
I didn't manage this one in one take! All the duff bits have been edited out, as I made loads of mistakes, and even this isn't perfect, but it's a fair attempt.

hope it's of some use, Jim

DeadAudiolink Removed

crocodilian

Thanks all for your help! I didn't expect someone to go out of their way and record themselves playing! That's truly great, thanks Mandy! I'll start getting to grips with it tomorrow. Reminds me in style to saxsequential.

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Mandy,

Thanks for doing the recording. It wasn't a tune I'd heard of, but having listened to your rendition have just downloaded the sheet music to give it a go .......... I like a challenge!

Cheers,

Amanda

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom