All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Could It Be You

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
I found this old Cole Porter tune and thought that it might be nice on the sax. There are a couple of things that could be better, but this is what came out..

"Could it be You" DeadAudiolink Removed

Chris...

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Hey some lazy vibrato and bends in there would help it i think>:):))):))):))) just pulling your leg fella.Your really starting to sound way more relaxed and the boss when you play now.But for my fat bent floppy lugs abit vibrato on the longer lines would help it along.Nice job there Chris.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Thanks for the comments guys, I couldn't find to many instrumental versions of the tune before I played it, so I wasn't sure if it would be a good or not so good tune played as a song with a solo instrument playing the melody. Quite a few big band versions plus vocal versions..

Chris..

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Good tone and well played. Davey is right about making those long tones a little smoothed out with vibrato. But that's a personal thing.

You're fairly comfortable in your improvisation. Big improvement there. Still need to "sing" the tune and not be too tied to precise timing.

I hear great improvement. Obvious that you're working hard and getting somewhere.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Wade and Jeanette thanks for the comments, vibrato is a work in progress, sometimes I do sometimes I forget. Hope my tutor doesn't listen to this version>:)..

Chris..

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom