supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

could be farewell

rob1969

hi everyone this could be my last week on the forum
this is kwit upsetting as i have found new friends and learnt some usfull things reading peoples posts and posted some myself but du to unemployment some things have to go with little money comming in
i have to cut my outgoings down
as i have worked in the foundry buissness for over 20 yrs my last employers are closing of next week so it looks like i will have to retrain in somthing not a clue what in yet and as iam dislexic my go to night school will see what happens

thanks all
rob

Rob, I am sorry to hear this.I too have been made redundant recently and know what you are going through.You can get on the internet free from the library so you can keep in touch with this forum .The upside is you get lots of time to practice and maybe now is the time to start busking!!

OP
R

rob1969

Rob, I am sorry to hear this.I too have been made redundant recently and know what you are going through.You can get on the internet free from the library so you can keep in touch with this forum .The upside is you get lots of time to practice and maybe now is the time to start busking!!
i could do with the practic get distrctide with all thats going on i.e money bills its doing my head in what as got to me the most is my x wife never payed anything and as forwarded a bill to me to pay i wont swear but you can imagin 1400 pound water bill

Taz

Busking Oracle
I feel for you Rob, I'm not unemployed but I've been on long term sick for 18months following an accident at work, the benefit people are the most unhelpful bunch I think I've ever come across. Still I've got my sax and that's what has got me through all this so far. Good luck and keep in touch with this site!

i could do with the practic get distrctide with all thats going on i.e money bills its doing my head in what as got to me the most is my x wife never payed anything and as forwarded a bill to me to pay i wont swear but you can imagin 1400 pound water bill
dont get me started on ex wives...........Contact the water company and tell them the situation.When I was going through divorce I quit work to look after 2 young children and I contacted all utility providers and I have to say Wessex water were very helpful and understanding

OP
R

rob1969

I feel for you Rob, I'm not unemployed but I've been on long term sick for 18months following an accident at work, the benefit people are the most unhelpful bunch I think I've ever come across. Still I've got my sax and that's what has got me through all this so far. Good luck and keep in touch with this site!
tell me about it i had accident at some years ago i now have siatica in my spin when it comes on it is totaly inposible for me to play as tables put me to sleep tramadol hydrochloride 500g will put horse to sleep
but its not been to bad this week

old git

Tremendous Bore
Rob,
Any posts regarding lax grammar or spelling differences are 'wind ups' between some of us, just to score meaningless points. I've never had a problem understanding your point of view, everything is very direct, wish I could do the same.
I am certain everyone else feels the same way so please stay on the board. Being an OAP means a regular income but you will get through this bad patch, music is a great help.
Good luck, young fellermelad, keep posting.

Young Col

Rob, I'll echo what my mate OG said.
Fortunately I was never redundant throughout my working life, but I had some dark times and it was music that got me through. As I mentioned when you first joined the forum,, there is diagnosed dyslexia in my family so I know what it is like. Never let it be a reason to stop you trying anything!
Colin

OP
R

rob1969

Rob, I'll echo what my mate OG said.
Fortunately I was never redundant throughout my working life, but I had some dark times and it was music that got me through. As I mentioned when you first joined the forum,, there is diagnosed dyslexia in my family so I know what it is like. Never let it be a reason to stop you trying anything!
Colin
thanks mate
will keep learning the sax i think for the meantime anyway
i get lost sometimes can only play cupple of notes can play a bit of star wars serpose its better than nothing at all

Phil Edwards

Hey Rob, you're a regular around here now, so stick around with us. As others have said, the music will help you out so if you can do it hang on to that and just post as and when you can, but don't let it go. Keep at it all the while you can.

Good luck with whatever you get up to, and make sure you get all the help you can to re-train.

If you need to let it out your system someday just say so - there's a lot of banter around here but we're a supportive bunch when you need it.

OP
R

rob1969

Hey Rob, you're a regular around here now, so stick around with us. As others have said, the music will help you out so if you can do it hang on to that and just post as and when you can, but don't let it go. Keep at it all the while you can.

Good luck with whatever you get up to, and make sure you get all the help you can to re-train.

If you need to let it out your system someday just say so - there's a lot of banter around here but we're a supportive bunch when you need it.
hi phil and thanks for all the replys its made me think what a great bunch you all are its great to chat when i need help got misses clarinet up for sale so fingers x and will get my big fat giro on friday all of 64 pound what a laugh
so lessons will have to wait for now just keep ploding on at it will come to me 1 day :)

jonf

Hi Rob

Yeah, keep the sax, if you need to cut down then maybe drop the lessons, but playing the sax was something I found helped me through the hard times in the past.

Bob Mintzer's books are great, BTW.

My only comment about the dyslexia is that I know someone who's seriously dyslexic and he now runs a successful gardeining business, so you nefver know how things might turn out.

Smiffy

Rob, the very best of luck to you
I was very dyslexic and still have problems but you can get by and there is no shame in it
Hope you find some work and that you can find ways to keep posting

Best of luck

OP
R

rob1969

Hi Rob

Yeah, keep the sax, if you need to cut down then maybe drop the lessons, but playing the sax was something I found helped me through the hard times in the past.

Bob Mintzer's books are great, BTW.

My only comment about the dyslexia is that I know someone who's seriously dyslexic and he now runs a successful gardeining business, so you nefver know how things might turn out.
not had a lesson yet found teacher but i will get back to him when iam back at work soon i hope its taken he cupple of week to now the 7 notes without writing them in the book slow progress iam afrad any way mintzer he looks like borak

Pee Dee

my phone as wifi so will just stand outside someones house :)
Sorry to hear of your news mate, hope all works out well in the end. It will, it's just the bit inbetween that is a pain. So, keep smiling.
Incidentally, you can buy a special aerial, like a dish, that you can pick up someone elses internet signal, if they haven't secured it. But I guess at the moment you can't afford it anyway, so stick with the wifi fone idea.
Good luck
Pete

Top Bottom