• FORUM MAINTENANCE
    The forum will be closed today at approx 13:34 GMT hopefully only for about 30 minutes

Sorry for any inconvenience and stress this may cause. Just remain calm and take slow breaths, it won't be for long

Copyright infringement, surely!

Bobby G

I see that Chris 'Blue Hotel' 'Big O soundalike' Isaak has a new CD out called Mr Lucky. Wicked game or what. I hope he checked with Pete first. Surely after seven years releasing nothing he could have done a bit better.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Bobby G

Bobby G

How many CDs entitled 'Greatest Hits'!!

:w00t:
Well, indeed, but that at least has an element of truth, of doing exactly what it says on the CD jewel case, otherwise the said artiste could be prosecuted under the Trades Description Act or some such.

Personally, I quite like misleading album titles, for instance confrontational noise-terrorist atrocity-fixated funsters Throbbing Gristle once released an album called 20 Jazz-Funk Greats. I wonder how many white-socked XR3-driving townies (that's enough stereotyping: Ed.) bought that one and got a nasty surprise.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
for instance confrontational noise-terrorist atrocity-fixated funsters Throbbing Gristle once released an album called 20 Jazz-Funk Greats.
Mr Greene- Great to have you back- it's good to have someone back on board who's cultural referencing is as obscure as mine! Throbbing Gristle- not so much music to be enjoyed, but- as Al Murray the Pub Landlord once said of guiness- people don't like it, they endure it for the pose value!
"Ere Bob- a challenge for you- I was in a 'harrowingly intense singer/songwriter (Townes Van Zandt, Richard Thompson Nick Drake etc)mood the other day- and posting videos on my Facebook page as a sort of downbeat DJ set- and was trying to find a decent live version of "I have a vision' by Peter Hammill on you-tube... ever found one?
Can't believe VDGG sacked Jaxon!

Top Bottom