• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

Conn Straight Sop - AJS

AJS

Locality
Glasgow
Hi Andy just logged on for the first time in ages to advertise my soprano sax for sale. It's a Conn Straight Bb sop circa 1928 in perfect condition in original case. Don't think I'll bother now :( They must have had a roaring fire sale of these sops in Glasgow back in the roaring 20's!
Keep blowin
Alistair

I am very interested in a soprano like this. I have been playing a friend's, but he doesn't want to sell it! (s/n M178XXXL). Is it still available?

Re: Conn straight Bb soprano saxophone circa 1928 , good playing order ,£750

Hi AJS, I would be interested in your soprano if it's still for sale. Do you have photo's?

Hi Martin it's still for sale. Send me your e.mail and I'll forward lots of photos and details as i don't have a clue how to upload them to the cafe. I'm looking for £850 as it's in perfect condition. Usual % to Pete's charity

For some reason I can't post my email address here yet, but I'll keep trying!

Hi Alastair , Martin everyone.
my 1927 nickel plated Conn straight sop is still available for sale too, same conditions as last advert.
asking £600 firm + postage , includes donation to Pete's thang.
here it is, being played by YT.

Last edited by a moderator:

That guy YT has a nice tone. Maybe we should do a buy one get one free deal!

Important point Andy. My sops a year younger which only makes it 84yrs outwith the manufacturers guarantee.

For some reason I can't post my email address here yet, but I'll keep trying!

It's a bad idea to post your email address publically on the forum, best to contact via Private Message.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not very clever when it comes to this type of thing.

Hi Alastair , Martin everyone.
my 1927 nickel plated Conn straight sop is still available for sale too, same conditions as last advert.
asking £600 firm + postage , includes donation to Pete's thang.
here it is, being played by YT.
You know what i offered you Andy, offer still stands.....go on you know you want to!

Last edited by a moderator: