All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Conn stencil

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Locality
England, UK
Hi all, I purchased a conn stencil the other week with a king Cleveland from jonf. I have decided I only want the work done on the Cleveland as I've not had a Cleveland before and my tech is busy so I'm popping it back on here at exactly what I paid for it. £140 and £10 to cover post. It's a kalashens 'clear tone'
Some of the notes play but it needs work. I'm sure the original listing will be in the yard sale with the photos :) thank you & Jon, hope you don't mind. I was a bit impulsive buying two.

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Locality
England, UK
yes, sorry I didn't say. It's an alto! Jon knows this cos I bought it off him lol

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
would this be a good instrument to learn how to overhaul a sax with?

or am I just mad.....?

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
would this be a good instrument to learn how to overhaul a sax with?

or am I just mad.....?

Possibly not, a lot of Conns had tiny grub screws locking screws and rods. Very fiddly.

griff136

Locality
I live in Exmouth Devon.
Any pics, what model is the stencil based on? new wonder I, II, ?

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Locality
England, UK
hi all, sorry for lack of response. Been a mad week. It's on the Bay now, finishing today. You can see pics here, hopefully the link will work :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151073747710?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

I wouldn't recommend it to learn on, simply because of the older style key work in my opinion but once overhauled it will have a fantastic, fat Conn sound
I'm hoping I'm going to get bids on it since I've priced it about half what I purchased it for hahahaha! (gonna lose out again)

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom