• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Conn Connqueror 26M alto sax

I have a strange request... :)

If you're amenable/have the time - can you take a shot looking down the bore of the horn so that the body octave key tube is visible?
I've got one in for a rush service, and I suspect that someone might have filed the body octave tube down. If I could get a look at another example I can decide whether to leave well alone or sort it out.

Cheers!

So that is the French leak test! My imagination is just too limited...
The American leak test is to give confidential information to all your trusted associates and see if it ends up on social media.

Oops, sorry I only just saw this, I'm not very often in the forum at the moment, do you still want the shot (it's quite a mission to get the horn out)...

It would be handy :)
There's no rush though, the horn's gone back - but I told the client I'd follow it up as and when I had some data.

Hi Juju,

Do you still have the 26m for sale? When was it overhauled, and who did the overhaul? Was the lacquer chemically stripped, or was the sax buffed (i.e. are all toneholes undamaged and level)? Are all permadjust-feets present and functional? Is the microtuner operating properly, with no excessive play?

I also play a 30m which is absolutely gorgeous, but it costed my tech guy lots of hours to get it in decent shape.

Best regards
/Björn

IMG_4234.jpg

At last... Took me ages to get the horn out and take some pics (no idea whether this is what you were looking for, Stephen!). This is just into teh bell, If I try to take a pic from the top end I can't see a thing. But maybe you can send me a pic in order do demonstrate what you would like to see...
Sooo, in the process, when I got the horn out, I played it for a bit and, surprise, absolutely fell in love with it! It's just like a mini-version of my 30M :)
@Björn: I can't answer any of your questions as I had bought it after all those things had been done. The only thing I know is that the microtuner totally gets on my nerves and I keep it in one position where it stays and just adjust the mouthpiece as you would if there was no microtuner...
Anyway, I'm afraid I want to keep it now, so it's not for sale anymore, but if we could keep this thread open until I have a reply from Stephen that would be fab!
Juju

Good decision Juju!!
It's funny how I never realised the potential (but then I only tried it briefly after I had bought it and decided that I didn't like it..).
While I love my Zephyr Alto it has polar opposite intonational tendencies compared to my 30M, and I hardly ever play alto, so I need an alto that I can get out of the case and just play if required. The 26M is so similar to my 30M I can actually play it reasonably in tune. And the keywork just feels identical, too :)

View attachment 12781View attachment 12782
At last... Took me ages to get the horn out and take some pics (no idea whether this is what you were looking for, Stephen!). This is just into teh bell, If I try to take a pic from the top end I can't see a thing. But maybe you can send me a pic in order do demonstrate what you would like to see...
Sooo, in the process, when I got the horn out, I played it for a bit and, surprise, absolutely fell in love with it! It's just like a mini-version of my 30M :)
@Björn: I can't answer any of your questions as I had bought it after all those things had been done. The only thing I know is that the microtuner totally gets on my nerves and I keep it in one position where it stays and just adjust the mouthpiece as you would if there was no microtuner...
Anyway, I'm afraid I want to keep it now, so it's not for sale anymore, but if we could keep this thread open until I have a reply from Stephen that would be fab!
Juju

I see, thanks for lettimg me know.
All the best
/Björn

At last... Took me ages to get the horn out and take some pics (no idea whether this is what you were looking for, Stephen!).

Other end ;)

Here's a shot of the thing I'm interested in - seen here being cleaned out. It's the body octave tube, which pokes through the wall of the body into the bore.