Can ship anywhere
No
Shipping Included
No
Amount paid to Cafe Fundraising
5%
Allow chat and/or off topic posts
Yes
The laquer has been stripped and the sax had a complete overhaul, when I received it it had a beautiful brushed finish, however, due to the nature of a delaquered sax, this changed rapidly and it is now super-spotty even though we have hardly ever played it (I played it for about half an hour and Dave took it to the only ever gig he played on alto, and that's it). I just prefer my King Zephyr, and since I'm not primarily an alto player and our storage space is limited this one will have to go... It can be tried and picked up in London - I have never shipped one so unless someone tells me exactly how to wrap it so that it survives the journey I'm reluctant to do so ;)

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Cafe Moderator
I have never shipped one so unless someone tells me exactly how to wrap it so that it survives the journey I'm reluctant to do so ;)
Basically, make sure the horn is snug in the case, not able to rattle around, e.g. use some padding such as foam or bubblewrap. Then put case in cardboard box with at least an inch of padding between case and box.

You may be able to get a box from a music shop, a tenor cardboard box is good for alto as there is plenty room for the padding.

rhysonsax

Conn Connquerors are great - if I didn't already have a 26M I would be very interested. Now, if this was a 30M I would jump on it (not literally).

Good luck with the sale.

Rhys

Juju

Conn Connquerors are great - if I didn't already have a 26M I would be very interested. Now, if this was a 30M I would jump on it (not literally).

Good luck with the sale.
Rhys
Thanks! Good luck with the 30M - my 30M is the best thing that ever happened to me (ooops, ok second best after my beloved Hubby, of course ;) )

saxsmith

Yes it's still for sale!
Hi if sax is for sale do have any photos. Interested in sax as my Connstellation is very tired now. Would be good to see if all the adjustment mechanisms are in place and working thx Phil

Last edited by a moderator:

Juju

Hi Phil, is there a particular angle you want to see? If so, I can take some new pics. This is what it looked like when I got it, since it's delaquered it's quite spotty now, even though it's only been played a couple of times. It works well top to bottom.
P1012112.JPG
P1012113.JPG

Must also have the stopper in to protect the octave pin if it geht's dropped on that end
The neck-plug protects the octave post, which usually projects beyond the main body of the sax. Not having the neck-plug inserted means there's a risk of the octave post being bent or snapped off. Even if the octave post doesn't project beyond the main body of the sax, it's still wise to insert the octave plug as a precautionary measure.

The neck-plug protects the octave post, which usually projects beyond the main body of the sax. Not having the neck-plug inserted means there's a risk of the octave post being bent or snapped off. Even if the octave post doesn't project beyond the main body of the sax, it's still wise to insert the octave plug as a precautionary measure.
Oops! I meant neck plug.

Top Bottom