• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Conn Connqueror 26M alto sax

Juju

Price of Item
£2000
The laquer has been stripped and the sax had a complete overhaul, when I received it it had a beautiful brushed finish, however, due to the nature of a delaquered sax, this changed rapidly and it is now super-spotty even though we have hardly ever played it (I played it for about half an hour and Dave took it to the only ever gig he played on alto, and that's it). I just prefer my King Zephyr, and since I'm not primarily an alto player and our storage space is limited this one will have to go... It can be tried and picked up in London - I have never shipped one so unless someone tells me exactly how to wrap it so that it survives the journey I'm reluctant to do so ;)

I have never shipped one so unless someone tells me exactly how to wrap it so that it survives the journey I'm reluctant to do so ;)

Basically, make sure the horn is snug in the case, not able to rattle around, e.g. use some padding such as foam or bubblewrap. Then put case in cardboard box with at least an inch of padding between case and box.

You may be able to get a box from a music shop, a tenor cardboard box is good for alto as there is plenty room for the padding.

Conn Connquerors are great - if I didn't already have a 26M I would be very interested. Now, if this was a 30M I would jump on it (not literally).

Good luck with the sale.

Rhys

Conn Connquerors are great - if I didn't already have a 26M I would be very interested. Now, if this was a 30M I would jump on it (not literally).

Good luck with the sale.
Rhys

Thanks! Good luck with the 30M - my 30M is the best thing that ever happened to me (ooops, ok second best after my beloved Hubby, of course ;) )

Yes it's still for sale!

Hi if sax is for sale do have any photos. Interested in sax as my Connstellation is very tired now. Would be good to see if all the adjustment mechanisms are in place and working thx Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Phil, is there a particular angle you want to see? If so, I can take some new pics. This is what it looked like when I got it, since it's delaquered it's quite spotty now, even though it's only been played a couple of times. It works well top to bottom.
P1012112.JPG
P1012113.JPG

Must also have the stopper in to protect the octave pin if it geht's dropped on that end

The neck-plug protects the octave post, which usually projects beyond the main body of the sax. Not having the neck-plug inserted means there's a risk of the octave post being bent or snapped off. Even if the octave post doesn't project beyond the main body of the sax, it's still wise to insert the octave plug as a precautionary measure.

The neck-plug protects the octave post, which usually projects beyond the main body of the sax. Not having the neck-plug inserted means there's a risk of the octave post being bent or snapped off. Even if the octave post doesn't project beyond the main body of the sax, it's still wise to insert the octave plug as a precautionary measure.

Oops! I meant neck plug.

If the neck plug is a home made cork job a strip of sticky tape should be added, otherwise it may drop out in transit. I speak from experience after receiving an alto that had popped it's cork!

If the neck plug is a home made cork job a strip of sticky tape should be added, otherwise it may drop out in transit. I speak from experience after receiving an alto that had popped it's cork!

I use champagne cork for that and unless you shake the horn after filling it with some bubbly liquidit holds tight!

But your right. Never to careful...