• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Conn Artiste 10M (naked lady) tenor sax for sale or trade.

Paul Warner

I have decided to sell my Conn 10M and keep my YTS 62 (promised the wife I`d only keep one of each sort.....shame!!!) I`ll donate 5% of sale price to Pete`s charity as per.....!
It has just been in the excellent hands of the sublime GRIFF. He has de-dented , fully serviced, set up the action (light and fast) and repadded it where needed (7 new pads). It`s serial number is 350535, which places it in 1952...i.e straight tone holes but well before standards went to Mexico.
In Griff`s own words, it "sings like a bird", in tune through the range and with all the big sound and power you would expect from one of the world`s finest saxophones.
The lacquer is past its best, but it looks pretty good even so. I`d like to get around £850 for it. ( I`d consider a trade p/x aginst something interesting, but please don`t tell my wife!). The case it came over in is an old Selmer which will also carry an alto and flute or clarinet in the lid. Its the snakeskin style and is a bit scruffy but perfectly functional.
Here are some pictures to dwell on. Conn-3.jpgConn-6.jpgConn-4.jpgConn-1.jpgConn-7.jpgConn-2.jpg

Maybe I got this wrong, so let`s start again! All as above, a very nice 1952 Conn Artiste 10M `naked lady` tenor sax newly refurbished by Griff, who assures me it`s a good`un ("sings like a bird" is what he said). Except the price....which is now £750; seems like a very good deal to me.

I have a 10M almost the same serial/condition and it is a very nice horn. This looks like a great deal for anyone looking for a quality vintage tenor.
BTW I have no connection with the seller - just putting my oar in :)

Hmmm, i was thinking to replace my YTS32 with a vintage but not sure if i can handle this 10m.

Don`t think you`ll have any significant problems. I`ve used it side by side with my YTS62 and it is certainly different ergonomically, but nothing a couple of hours familiarisation won`t sort out. It will give you a different kind of sound with much greater range and breadth. Once used to them people seem to really love `em.

hello, are you still looking to trade it for something interesting? I have a Borgani sop and a Dolnet alto. Would be willing to consider trading one of these for a tenor. The borgani is beautiful but I don't get enough opportunity to play it! Thanks,

hello, are you still looking to trade it for something interesting? I have a Borgani sop and a Dolnet alto. Would be willing to consider trading one of these for a tenor. The borgani is beautiful but I don't get enough opportunity to play it! Thanks,

Hi saxgirl.....suddenly getting offers, but I will check out your saxes and let you know.

hiya, no worries. It's good that there's response on here tho! I'll send the pics later. See what you think and let me know. I am interested and won't mess you about. :)

Hi folks. I have accepted a straight swap outside the forum, so this one is no longer available. Thanks for the interest, and if you`re still looking for a good tenor watch out for my purple logo YTS62 later in the week.