support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Confirmation

Littlewailer

Locality
Victoria, BC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjjMw...ature=youtu.be

I was toying with whether or not to post this one. Just because the head is not 100% there. But I think it's pretty close and the solo turned out to work quite well I think with the style. It sounds like Bebop. Which for me is impressive...

Anyway,

Enjoy as always. Comments, critiques as usual.

Sean heads can be worked on. Your improv is coming on really well. You can hear the work you have been putting in. Sounded very good..

Chris..

Sounds bop to me.Yes you know what i mean (sotw) :))):))):))) Nice work going there.You know its a tune that needs lots of prep but your flying along :welldone

Great work Sean. Love hearing you playing this stuff with ease and comfort. Sign of a real pro.

There are good ideas, I also like your "hollow" tone, sometimes your phrasing reminds me some R&B players of the past.
Good Wade, I think you're on the right track.
Bye, Fabrizio

There are good ideas, I also like your "hollow" tone, sometimes your phrasing reminds me some R&B players of the past.
Bye, Fabrizio

I dont think Wade will be happy with you thinking he's playing some bebop :))):))):)))

Bye, Fabrizio

Thanks, I've been really working lately to get that hollow sound. Joshua Redman has the most recognizable version of this IMO.

What's this hollow tone? Anybody says I sound hollow is likely to get a slap :cool:

This just goes to show how difficult it is to describe a sound in a way that means something to other people...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z9tK0eWvTg&feature=related

Of all the words that spring to mind when this guy plays, hollow isn't one of them.

I don't hear footballs or dead trees or skulls or bubbles or empty rooms or shells. I hear full and rich and effervescent and strong and round and vocal and solid and mellow.

Or maybe my dictionary is out of date.

Book

I agree again,simple way i think of it is hollow = big empty void,no depth,no core,no warmth. Mr Redman who is in my top 3 players = Very fat core,rich,depth,thick like treacle sound.Go figure.

I agree again,simple way i think of it is hollow = big empty void,no depth,no core,no warmth. Mr Redman who is in my top 3 players = Very fat core,rich,depth,thick like treacle sound.Go figure.

See thats funny to me.

I was the one to mention Redman and he to me has a very hollow, cavernous sound. I think of Hollow as Open, Wide, Deep. His is fairly warm. Where as I like a colder, drier sound.

A lot of guys refer to those old BA Selmers as having a "Hollow Log" type tone. And I agree.

Add me to Nice

And it's nice you're using your grandad as an avatar. 3 generations of saxophonists, impressive
www_MessenTools_com-Humor-risa-jijiji.gif