All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Concert solo no5 Paul Harvey

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
Does anyone know if there is only one "concert solo no 5" by Paul Harvey, which is then transposed to various (bass) instruments?

I have the Bassoon version, but I need to play the Bari sax version for my diploma.

If one is just a transposed version of the other, then it is no problem, I can just transpose it (pretty much on sight - the wonders of C bass to Eb treble clef)

But it would be rather awkward to discover that the Bari Sax, Bassoon and Bass Clarinet versions are actually all completely different compositions!

Thanks

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
By e-mailing June Emerson Music, I've established that the Bassoon piece is the same as the Bari sax piece.

I've put a (imperfect) recording in the sound clips section....

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Guess it still needs to be transposed for bari. But sounds as if you're on top of it.:thumb:

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
You can transpose on sight directly from a C instrument in the bass clef to an Eb instrument in the treble clef - just add 3 sharps (take off 3 flats) from the key signature and read the notes as if they are really written on a treble clef stave! so the F line (bass clef) becomes the D line (treble clef) etc

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom