support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Composition for clarinet and guitar.

adrianallan

Very,very good indeed - really nice melody. I liked it a lot! :clapping:A little bit Ravel in places maybe? And a bit too long for me?;)

And very well played too!:)

Very,very good indeed - really nice melody. I liked it a lot! :clapping:A little bit Ravel in places maybe? And a bit too long for me?;)

And very well played too!:)

Thanks.
Not sure if you realise the sounds are all East West samples, not musicians. I did all this on Sibelius software and Cubase.

So do you think it would also work on sax, or should I stick to clarinet?

but... you played the guitar part?

No, in fact the guitar part is "played" by the classical guitar samples in East West's Gypsy. I could have played it, but mixing samples and live playing can be quite hard, so I took the easy route.

Glad you think the guitar is quite realistic.

Great to see you back, it works well a nice listen thanks:)

Jx

Listening now. Nice. Would work for sax, tonal range might be difficult. What are the highest/lowest notes in the clarinet part?

Just saw you posted the score.

Can be played from the clarinet part as is on soprano sax.

It's just within the normal written range for a sax(Bb>F), so you'll need to transpose the guitar part for alto.

You could play as is on tenor sax, but I think it'll not work so well as it's an octave down on the sop and would sound muddy here as well as losing itself in the backing.

The other thing with sax/classical guitar is likely to be volume. The sax is much louder than clarinet, so will need to be kept well under control to avoid losing the guitar.

Last edited:
Just saw you posted the score.

Can be played from the clarinet part as is on soprano sax.

It's just within the normal written range for a sax(Bb>F), so you'll need to transpose the guitar part for alto.

You could play as is on tenor sax, but I think it'll not work so well as it's an octave down on the sop and would sound muddy here as well as losing itself in the backing.

The other thing with sax/classical guitar is likely to be volume. The sax is much louder than clarinet, so will need to be kept well under control to avoid losing the guitar.

thanks, this is very useful

I have played with an alto sax before and was really surprised by the volume
I needed to use an amp