All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Comin' Home

Fraser Jarvis

As I told you on fb Lorna, sounding wicked! BTW is that an Andy Shepard sax you have there? as it sounds just like Davey's!

ArtyLady

Locality
Essex
As I told you on fb Lorna, sounding wicked! BTW is that an Andy Shepard sax you have there? as it sounds just like Davey's!

Thanks Fraser - praise indeed if I sound like Davey!! No it's my wonderful Yani T991 and I love it! :w00t:

altissimo

Locality
leicester
that backing track is too short - you were really stretching out nicely and it came to an end too soon - shame!!!
beautiful tone..

ArtyLady

Locality
Essex
that backing track is too short - you were really stretching out nicely and it came to an end too soon - shame!!!
beautiful tone..

lol! - no it was me - I hadn't really played it before other than a couple of run throughs a few months ago - just dived in and played it by ear! ;} Thanks re the tone :)

thomsax

Locality
Sweden
I like it! Nice tone! Are you playing a HR mpc?
I often play this song by Earl Hagen (Harlem Nocturne ...). We do it with a more Rock feeling. But you sounds better than me!

ArtyLady

Locality
Essex
I like it! Nice tone! Are you playing a HR mpc?
I often play this song by Earl Hagen (Harlem Nocturne ...). We do it with a more Rock feeling. But you sounds better than me!

Aw thanks thomsax! yes it's an HR - Vandoren Java T55 with optimum Lig - I've had it since about May and I've really settled with it now and working hard on shaping my tone, the Yani has made a huge difference too :thumb:

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire
Loving it, sounds like you're really getting the hang of recording your sound :thumb:

ArtyLady

Locality
Essex
Loving it, sounds like you're really getting the hang of recording your sound :thumb:

Thanks Timbo, getting a bit more relaxed about it but I need to do it much much more so I don't panic when I hit that button lol :D

Agree I can hear a big up in your sound. Nice funky groove going. Sweet stuff.

That's brilliant, thanks Davey - my hard work must be paying off :mrcool

fibracell

Thanks Timbo, getting a bit more relaxed about it but I need to do it much much more so I don't panic when I hit that button lol :D

That's brilliant, thanks Davey - my hard work must be paying off :mrcool

I can relate to the recording panic and freeze! It's hard to relax and let it happen!
Enjoyed the clip- really nice tone you have!
cheers - Rob

ArtyLady

Locality
Essex
I can relate to the recording panic and freeze! It's hard to relax and let it happen!
Enjoyed the clip- really nice tone you have!
cheers - Rob

Yep - never get it playing live at all! Thanks re the tone Rob :thumb:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
Very, very nice indeed Lorna! Loving that big fat sound (the sax dear, the sax! :shrug:)

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Sounding great. You've really come a long way in the last couple of years. Agree with the others about your sound.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom