All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Coffee (again)

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Subscriber
Following on from Pete's thread re coffee machines, I am looking for some recommendations for coffee to try. I use either a cafetiere or a Gaggia machine.

I am currently drinking Guatemalan El Pulcal (From the ‘Land of Eternal Spring’ comes this coffee with a deep, creamy body, luscious, complex flavour, chocolate aroma with hints of lemony pepper. Grown in Guatemala's most famous coffee region, Antigua.)

We have a lovely shop in Lincoln (http://www.imperialteas.co.uk/) but they are bankrupting me!

I don't mind a medium or dark roast - I tend to start with dark in the morning and veer toward medium later on.

Anyway what do you like?

milandro

Pete alerted me about this thread....... :), I really like Guatemalan coffee, it has a very " grassy" (not what some of you are thinking now!) aroma. I prefer dark roast because I am an Italian Espresso man (even when I drink coffee from a percolator!) .
Italian Brands are not very big when it comes to the unblended coffee, so called " Origins" there are only very few brands which produce origins and they are mostly in pod form , some do produce coffee beans or ground and you can indeed find some on line such as HERE ask them if they sell beans too!
If you like Guatemala I would recommend you to try Ethiopian coffee too....... Enjoy! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Subscriber
Thanks for the link - looks interesting although non parla molto italiano! The Lincoln shop has some Ethiopian Yirgachefa Dark which I may give a whirl next time I'm in town. :)

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
I'm quite surprised that the difference the actual coffeee machine can make.

We just returned the de Longhi (as it kept leaking) and bought a Gaggia baby Class. The coffee actually tastes much better. But you need to experiment a bit with the fineness of the grind (if you are grinding your own) for espresso as it really does affect the taste and the crema.

The gaggia seems to be a bit more clunkily made than the de Longhi, but the coffee is so tastier and I'm now going to experiment more on the actual beans to find what I my (our) ideal coffee from heaven and will report back here.

This will mean trying out most of what Waitrose have to offer. Hopefully I will settle on something a bit cheaper than Blue Mountain (or indeed the cat poo one)

milandro

Thanks for the link - looks interesting although non parla molto italiano! The Lincoln shop has some Ethiopian Yirgachefa Dark which I may give a whirl next time I'm in town. :)

well, many Italian webshops employ people who are proficient enough in the language of Albion .........in general! Don't hold me responsible if they don't! :)
I most definitely recommend Ethiopian coffee;}

Top Bottom