support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

co-operatively owned pub

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Café Supporter
Hi Everyone.
I am currently recovering from a function gig in a county called Shropshire.
It is well outside the M25, but it is a stunning area. I was on the border with Wales, where people like our Tom, worship Marca reeds and wild garlic, and use them for they archaic rites. I felt I should explore more the beauties of Britain, but then I thought about life there with Standard British Weather, and some doubts emerged.

Anyway, tonight I am proud to perform with David Hammer's Little Big Horns in a lovely London area called Nunhead.
I will not enter in details about the name of the area, but the pub is something special, since it is the first co-operatively owned pub, where a bunch of local residents saved it from the hands of developers. We played there the last gig when we thought it would have been sold, and now we are back for the grand re-opening of the live music season.

More here
http://www.ivyhousenunhead.com/index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone.
I am currently recovering from a function gig in a county called Shropshire.
It is well outside the M25, but it is a stunning area. I was on the border with Wales, where people like our Tom, worship Marca reeds and wild garlic, and use them for they archaic rites. I felt I should explore more the beauties of Britain, but then I thought about life there with Standard British Weather, and some doubts emerged.[/URL]

Impressed you travelled so far :)

We played there the last gig when we thought I would have been sold, and now we are back for the grand re-opening of the live music season.[/URL]

Did nobody buy you;}

Hope the gig goes well, if you ever play further North do let us know :)

Jx

That pub is about a 2 minute walk from my old school Honor Oak Grammar on Homestall Road. It's now called Harris Girls Academy. Hope the gig was great. I don't think we were served there when I was at school, not in uniform anyway :)

Being keen on fine food, may I suggest sun dried tomatoes? I mean the dry ones, not those under cheap sunflower oil.

Resurrecting this thread for good reason. I see from this month's English Heritage magazine that The Ivy House is in the final for the English Heritage Angel Awards this month. They are given for the restoration of derelict and damaged landmarks. Andrew Lloyd Webber is among the judges. The magazine carries a picture of the restored ballroom with a jazz ensemble playing. Difficult to see under the lights but is that Dave Hammer's band with Aldevis playing alto?

Good luck to the pub in the awards!

Missed this thread first time round as it was when I was travelling to India on business and I missed a lot of posts for a week, which I've never caught up on.

If I had been available... we could have met as I am one of the few Shropshire residents here (I'm sure there are others!). Shropshire is very green, quite hilly in the middle, moderately inaccessible and I'm sure it's where Tolkein had in mind when he envisioned 'The Shire'...

Resurrecting this thread for good reason. I see from this month's English Heritage magazine that The Ivy House is in the final for the English Heritage Angel Awards this month. They are given for the restoration of derelict and damaged landmarks. Andrew Lloyd Webber is among the judges. The magazine carries a picture of the restored ballroom with a jazz ensemble playing. Difficult to see under the lights but is that Dave Hammer's band with Aldevis playing alto?

Good luck to the pub in the awards!

I am curious now! There was an old picture with me on tenor. I never missed a gig there, so if there is a Dave Hammer, it must be me on some saxophone.

Next appearance there: 27/10 lunchtime. Now with plenty of jazz loving children in the audience.