support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Updating Cleartune app

Royston

Hi
Don’t use much but like to keep as a back up tuner.
Updated iPhone to IOS 11 and trying to open the app it tells me I need to update it.
It then tells me I need to purchase or download the app
. :headscratch:
Bitcount Ltd who are the developers just don’t answer messages. If I delete the app to reinstall it I’m concerned I’ll have to pay for it again as it tells me I don’t own it??

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Cheers

The old version of the app is 32 bit, so it doesn't work under iOS11.
The developer has updated the app (Version 2.2), so you need the updated version.
I was able to upgrade to the new version without paying.

Try opening App Store, then search for Cleartune. There should be an "UPDATE" button.

The old version of the app is 32 bit, so it doesn't work under iOS11.
The developer has updated the app (Version 2.2), so you need the updated version.
I was able to upgrade to the new version without paying.

Try opening App Store, then search for Cleartune. There should be an "UPDATE" button.

I understand the logistics and have tried to update via the “UPDATE” button but it doesn’t work. The button disappears. Little grey circle goes around for half a second or so and hey bloody presto the update button reappears.

As stated no response from developers.

When I try to put feedback on app page is when it tells me I need to download or purchase the app.

I have purchased the app.

I understand the logistics and have tried to update via the “UPDATE” button but it doesn’t work. The button disappears. Little grey circle goes around for half a second or so and hey bloody presto the update button reappears.

As stated no response from developers.

When I try to put feedback on app page is when it tells me I need to download or purchase the app.

I have purchased the app.

When I changed to iOS11, it took a couple of days before the app worked again.

If you have purchased the app then deleting it and re-installing should work.
If it doesn't re-install, then you are no worse off than you are now.

When I changed to iOS11, it took a couple of days before the app worked again.

If you have purchased the app then deleting it and re-installing should work.
If it doesn't re-install, then you are no worse off than you are now.

I know what you mean but don’t really want to go down the route of deleting it yet. As I say it says I don’t own it so most likely would have to repurchase it which is really unacceptable. I know it’s not expensive but it’s the principle.
If don’t hear from the developers in a day or two might try contacting the App Store, if that’s possible.

I was in a similar postion with it, but when I updated to ios 11.02 last weekend (yes they've already issued bug fixes) Cleartune then updated itself without any intervention from me. Now Apple just need to fix why my phone won't play back properly through the USB port in the car

I was in a similar postion with it, but when I updated to ios 11.02 last weekend (yes they've already issued bug fixes) Cleartune then updated itself without any intervention from me. Now Apple just need to fix why my phone won't play back properly through the USB port in the car

Thanks Ron. Just updated to 11.03.
Still no joy unfortunately.

On the other note IPhone wirks great in car USB or Bluetooth. Can’t have it all.

Exactly the same has happened to me and it's very annoying. My Ford has always been able to control the iPhone music player, do random play, display the track name etc. Now it gets stuck at the start of a track and just sits there showing the time as 0 seconds into the track and not playing anything. Grr.

But at least ClearTune did update itself, although I'm not sure I like the slightly different tuner dial display.

Rhys

Exactly the same has happened to me and it's very annoying. My Ford has always been able to control the iPhone music player, do random play, display the track name etc. Now it gets stuck at the start of a track and just sits there showing the time as 0 seconds into the track and not playing anything. Grr.

But at least ClearTune did update itself, although I'm not sure I like the slightly different tuner dial display.

Rhys
The fix is to fully power off the phone and restart it - that seems to reset it

The fix is to fully power off the phone and restart it - that seems to reset it

I don't understand - is there some special meaning of "fully power off" as opposed to just turn off ?

I have switched off my iPhone several times overnight and that doesn't seem to have altered anything.

Today I updated the OS again, this time to iOS 11.0.3 and I hoped that would sort out the problem in my car, but no such luck.

Rhys