All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Classical music

Stevenscottcreative

Hey,
I was wondering whether anyone has any suggestions on classical music to play on the alto saxophone, not too hard as i am a beginner ;) If any of you have pdfs or something that would really help, otherwise, book recommendations are great too! :D

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Most beginner's books will be compilations of one sort or another. There are various books such as Pieces Celebres pour Saxophone Alto en MIb et Piano ed. Marcel Mule (Alphonse Leduc, Paris) which is mostly Baroque. There are others about - simplest is to find a music shop and go browsing. For example, ABRSM produce a number such as this - not sure how difficult it is though.

I'm sure some of the teachers on here will pop up with a few better suggestions.

singlereed

Look at the Trinity Guildhall exam syllabus - the pieces selected for that are graded and many of them are really good.

jbtsax

Subscriber
You might get The Art of Saxophone Playing by Larry Teal. It is an excellent resource for any saxophonist and it has a list of selected and graded classical literature at the back.

Stevenscottcreative

Cheers guys :) I will have a look in my local music shop to see if they have any of those you recommended.. also, after watching Phantom of the opera 25th anniversary, i have just bought the sheet music for sax! Plenty to get on with over the holidays!

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom