All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

clarinet

rob1969

morrning my partner as a clarinet we were thinking of selling it but i dont now what make it is it came in a B&H case it as no markings on it apart from some numbers on both jounts how can we find out about it

thanks

jonf

Best bet is to take it to a shop with a clarinet expert. Howarths of London is a good bet if you're ever in London.

Otherwise there are loads of different permutations. Is it wood or plastic? Are the keys nickel or silver plated? Is there a metal ring around the bell? Is there a metal ring around the end of the tenon joints? There are also a couple of types, and you can get them in A, Bb and C. The Bb is the most common. Post pictures and I might be able to give you more of a clue. Also, take off the mouthpiece and measure its length.

Values can vary from just a few quid for a cheapo plastic one to thousands for a top flight African Blackwood model with silver keys from a good maker. The likely bad news for you is that the major makers usually put a clear maker's mark on the bell.

Jon

OP
R

rob1969

hi and thanks i have looked on the web and found from serial number that its
buffet from 1945 so thanks

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom