support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Clarinets Clarinet workout type books recommendations please

MikeM70

Locality
Aylesbury, UK
I'm after some recs for a good book or series of books that deal mostly in exercises for clarinet. Sort of like the Trevor Wye flute practice books, but for clarinet.

TYIA.

What sort of work-out are you looking for, and what sort of music do you want to prepare for? If you want to get relally serious about fundamental technique, there's this (but it will drive you nuts):

Jeanjean

Some of the Klose method is really good to practise, and you can find it free (public domain) online (eg IMSLP I think).

I like the the Uhl studies, but they're kind of oriented towards mid-20th century classical music

Uhl

Or were you looking for something more like a series of tutor books?

I suppose I err more towards the trad jazz/klezmer/ gypsy jazz side of the things, I'm more a light classical kinda person rather than the heavy stuff.
re: what sort of book I'm after, tutor series or etude type book, either is good. If you know a good tutor book or series then please let me know. The reason I mention the T Wye flute book is his tutor series has both tunes and exercises in them, so that would be ideal.

Progressive jazz studies. Easy level by James Ray. I found this in the CASS library,.and there's lots more. Check them out at www.cassgb.org

Look for books you can buy in the shops. Have fun.