support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Clarinets Clarinet mouthpieces

I am using a Vandoren 360, it plays well though not sure if made anymore.

I think that the current Vandoren 5RV is equivalent to the older V360. I have a V360 as well, but it is at least 40 years old, and was swabbed numerous times. So I don't count on it still having the original specs :)

I've been using Rico Royal reeds on my clarinet. What suggestions does anyone have for good reeds for playing jazz ?

I really like Rigotti Gold and Lupifaro on saxophone, so maybe Rigotti clarinet reeds would be good too.

Rhys

I don't change the brand of reeds I use depending on classical or jazz, but do sometimes drop down to a softer one for jazz - I find it easier for glissing. I use Vandoren V12s, I play in a band with someone who I'd say has a much 'jazzier' tone than me and he uses Vandoren Rue Lepic 56s.

For jazz (not that I play much, lately) I use a Vandoren B45 with Vandoren V12 reeds.
For concert band I used a Vandoren V360 (comparable to the 5RV) but I switched to a Selmer Focus mouthpiece. I prefer Vandoren Traditional reeds there.
I have tried the V21 and Rue Lepic reeds, but I was not convinced by them. I also have not found a d'Addario / Rico reed yet that I like on clarinet.

Back
Top Bottom