All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Clarinet & Elkhart alto sax

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Hi All, trying again here before eBay. I've been naughty and made some purchases today of things I wanted! (again)
I can't have a flat full of instruments so the things I'm not using I'll try here

Still have my Florentin Barbier clarinet, it has been on eBay for many weeks. The name isn't that well known but it's a charming clarinet (wooden) it will certainly benefit from some attention although it plays as it is, albeit, the action is sluggish etc. A service and regulate will sort it out. Comes in a lovely old style selmer wooden case with green velvet interior. £60 + £8 to post

Also, after many weeks of trying to sell I have an Elkhart series 2 alto sax. It is practically new. Plays absolutely perfectly from top to bottom and everything you need to play. A great student instrument but a great sax to have as a practice or back up sax. Mouthpiece will make a great deal of difference to the punchiness of it. This would be a steal in its excellent condition at £180, post no extra cost

PM with email address for photos

Hoping someone will snap these up! 5% to the forum for each sale

Jane M L

I'm vaguely interested in the clarinet. Did you mend the bell or get another?
I'm also looking for a bass clarinet bell for a friend - any condition. Could you point me in right direction to find such parts?
Any photos?
Many thanks
Jane

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Hi Jane, if you private message me with your email address I will send you some photos of the clarinet. I do have a spare bell from a Buisson clarinet, which is also wooden but I've not tried it for a fit - tho I'm sure anything is possible to try and sort. For bass clarinet info if you post a wanted ad in the 'yard sale' area of the forum I'm sure there's bound to be someone with a spare!

Jane M L

If you still have the old split bell I could mend it. I've acquired a lot of skills in life and even got my part 1 City and Guids fine furniture making. Setting up and restoring guitars and gluing a couple of bits of wood together are all ok.
Looking forward to seeing clarinet photos.

Jane M L

I've found the ebay item photos so you need not worry about sending any. I read the description there and realise that it would not be easy for a beginner - I thought it would suit a friend who wants one and it sounds really nice from your description.. I could oil it as I've just done that with my sax, but adjusting the keys would be beyond me. I hope you find someone who would really love it!

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom