support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Clarinet and Eric Satie

very good playing, quite haunting indeed.. reminds me of a foggy night in the forrest.. the only thing I miss is the screech of a crow ;-)

I may be playing som Eric Satie for my diploma.

If I think of Satie on Sax, I would think Soprano. But if I think how to express it. It would be very different to Clarinet. Probably because at the time I identified with the Satie pieces and Clarinet, I myself don't think they would work as well with Sax, with me playing. I think it's difficult sometimes to change your perspective or sound world of a particular music. It takes someone else to play the same music to change.

Another really good piece Jim, I'm going to have to have a proper listen to some more Satie.

There are elements to this that remind me of another composition, a slow Russian one (probably not Russian, but it 'feels' Russian to me if that makes sense). Haven't a clue what it's called , but everyone knows it. I shall put my investigating hat on...

Another really good piece Jim, I'm going to have to have a proper listen to some more Satie.

There are elements to this that remind me of another composition, a slow Russian one (probably not Russian, but it 'feels' Russian to me if that makes sense). Haven't a clue what it's called , but everyone knows it. I shall put my investigating hat on...
Thanks Timbo
His piano piece is written in the style of Ancient Greek Dance.:)

Very nice playing. May I ask what is your instrument set up - instrument, mouthpiece, reed, etc?

Thank you.

Greg S.

Very nice playing. May I ask what is your instrument set up - instrument, mouthpiece, reed, etc?

Thank you.

Greg S.
You can see it in the video: Yamaha tenor saxophone, FL ligature and Roland amp. Amazing what you can do with computers, nowadays :)

(great playing, by the way)

Thank you.

Greg S.

Thanks Greg. Howarth Clarinet with a Pillinger Bronzite Mouthpiece. The Mouthpiece was a special design he made for Murray Kurri ( one of your countrymen) that I selected from a bunch at Eds place.:)

You can see it in the video: Yamaha tenor saxophone, FL ligature and Roland amp. Amazing what you can do with computers, nowadays :)

(great playing, by the way)

The pic with YTS 32 is about 8 months old. I know some swear by Yams but I found this 32 not much better than my first Tenor that was a Gear4Music inst. so I only kept it a couple of months before selling it on.

Thanks Greg. Howarth Clarinet with a Pillinger Bronzite Mouthpiece. The Mouthpiece was a special design he made for Murray Kurri ( one of your countrymen) that I selected from a bunch at Eds place.:)

Thanks for the info...

By the way Kurri Kurri is a town in New South Wales,
Kuri is the Maori word for dog, and I don't think your mouthpiece plays like a dog...:rofl:
but I presume you mean this guy...

http://www.khouri.co.nz/

Murray Khouri?

Greg S.