All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Clarinet and Eric Satie

Koen88

Sax Drinker / Beer player
Locality
Netherlands
very good playing, quite haunting indeed.. reminds me of a foggy night in the forrest.. the only thing I miss is the screech of a crow ;-)

Jamesmac

I may be playing som Eric Satie for my diploma.

If I think of Satie on Sax, I would think Soprano. But if I think how to express it. It would be very different to Clarinet. Probably because at the time I identified with the Satie pieces and Clarinet, I myself don't think they would work as well with Sax, with me playing. I think it's difficult sometimes to change your perspective or sound world of a particular music. It takes someone else to play the same music to change.

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire
Another really good piece Jim, I'm going to have to have a proper listen to some more Satie.

There are elements to this that remind me of another composition, a slow Russian one (probably not Russian, but it 'feels' Russian to me if that makes sense). Haven't a clue what it's called , but everyone knows it. I shall put my investigating hat on...

Jamesmac

Another really good piece Jim, I'm going to have to have a proper listen to some more Satie.

There are elements to this that remind me of another composition, a slow Russian one (probably not Russian, but it 'feels' Russian to me if that makes sense). Haven't a clue what it's called , but everyone knows it. I shall put my investigating hat on...
Thanks Timbo
His piano piece is written in the style of Ancient Greek Dance.:)

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand
Very nice playing. May I ask what is your instrument set up - instrument, mouthpiece, reed, etc?

Thank you.

Greg S.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
Very nice playing. May I ask what is your instrument set up - instrument, mouthpiece, reed, etc?

Thank you.

Greg S.
You can see it in the video: Yamaha tenor saxophone, FL ligature and Roland amp. Amazing what you can do with computers, nowadays :)

(great playing, by the way)

Jamesmac

Thank you.

Greg S.

Thanks Greg. Howarth Clarinet with a Pillinger Bronzite Mouthpiece. The Mouthpiece was a special design he made for Murray Kurri ( one of your countrymen) that I selected from a bunch at Eds place.:)

Jamesmac

You can see it in the video: Yamaha tenor saxophone, FL ligature and Roland amp. Amazing what you can do with computers, nowadays :)

(great playing, by the way)

The pic with YTS 32 is about 8 months old. I know some swear by Yams but I found this 32 not much better than my first Tenor that was a Gear4Music inst. so I only kept it a couple of months before selling it on.

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand
Thanks Greg. Howarth Clarinet with a Pillinger Bronzite Mouthpiece. The Mouthpiece was a special design he made for Murray Kurri ( one of your countrymen) that I selected from a bunch at Eds place.:)

Thanks for the info...

By the way Kurri Kurri is a town in New South Wales,
Kuri is the Maori word for dog, and I don't think your mouthpiece plays like a dog...:rofl:
but I presume you mean this guy...

http://www.khouri.co.nz/

Murray Khouri?

Greg S.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow