support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

How to learn Circular Breathing

Two Voices

Locality
United Kingdom
This is something that I am trying but not succeeding with! I’ve read Pete’s suggestions on ’Taming the Saxophone’ but still failing miserably!

Has anyone on here successful learnt circular breathing fluidly? If so, have you got some tip that you’d to share!

Must admit that I have only been trying for two days, but zero improvement!

I ain't tried yet ... I wanna Live - lmao

No! mate ...

But the best hints n tips I have seen are by people playing Didgeridoo ... on UTube ...

Try it for 2 years.

No, I don't do it. Stopping to breathe gives me time to think.

Why do you need to think? :))) Seriously though do you think it'll take two years to perfect?

I ain't tried yet ... I wanna Live - lmao

No! mate ...

But the best hints n tips I have seen are by people playing Didgeridoo ... on UTube ...

:))) Thanks Sunray! I'll take a look on Youtube!

tried it once, nearly imploded!

:))) :))) :))) I pulled something trying!!!

Kenny G is quite good I hear

Not seen him play so didn't know that. Will take a look on youtube to watch him.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you breathe normally then it will help your phrasing, if you must, Kenny G isn't too bad at it.

Chris

I tryed at times,i have a book on it but it takes a long time to get it right.I think you should woodshed on more important stuff 1st.Theres a million more important stuff you could be improving and learning.

Then I'll work it into my practice :D

I tryed at times,i have a book on it but it takes a long time to get it right.I think you should woodshed on more important stuff 1st.Theres a million more important stuff you could be improving and learning.

True but it would be really cool to be able to do it! Trying for 10 minutes a day isn't going to hurt.

This is something that I am trying but not succeeding with! I’ve read Pete’s suggestions on ’Taming the Saxophone’ but still failing miserably!

Has anyone on here successful learnt circular breathing fluidly? If so, have you got some tip that you’d to share!

Must admit that I have only been trying for two days, but zero improvement!
The book i got for it is titled Circular Breathing by Trent P Kynaston (great name) got it off ebay, that was maybe a couple of years ago, and no i cant do it, mind you i havent tried for a while.
I think you maybee need to walk before you can run though, i mean you've only been playing a few months, right?

This is good advice - and no GAS involved = so FREE!

:)))
Well, I've rarely heard anything so awful or aimless. Good demo of circular breathing though. I'm interested in it for long tone practice, as used by Clarence Clemons.

And I thought it was just me:)))

Chris

Circular breathing's sole purpose is to allow the instrument to sound ad infinitum or at least until you collapse.:)

How does this align with all the extemporising advice to leave plenty of space between phrases and even notes?:confused:

Apologies for being serious.

Darn, can't watch this in Germany.

Kev, try downloading "Expat Shield", I use it all the time & it's free. This will give you an English I.P. it might then work.
When downloading it your antivirus will warn against it, but don't worry it's because of the adverts that support the program. A scan after download will show that all's well. You should also be able to get u.k. TV should you want it.

John

Last edited by a moderator: