support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Christmas get together

I would love to but I can imagine it will near London so travel and time would be a problem.

Flipp

Good idea Ian, whatever form it takes. Distance obviously will affect.
Like Dave notes, I have have Karen's Stables event in the back of my mind, but still don't know how I can fit it in. I'd like to get there.
Colin

The Croydon and Sarf Lundun Massive is running an open event. Usually, these are restricted to CaSLM members but owing to Police and rival organisation activity, we have six spare places for another of our famous Nosh 'n' Blows on Saturday 12th December. (The real reason is limited parking space.)

We will be working on "In a Mellow Tone", "God Bless the Child", a 24 bar standard and 12 bar blues. Dots will be sent and a CD of backing tracks and tune demos for non sight readers. As the accompaniment will be provided by the backing track CD, if you want a go at something you like, we will try to provide back up on a Yamaha 9000 Pro keyboard, so you'll need to provide the chords. Which of the items provided will be used will be decided by a democratic vote or who has more ammunition.

This will be after meeting at old git's hovel for a natter, a not compulsory lunch, not sadly in the famed Tit a Nic but in its still Portuguese owned Dolce Vita successor which sells Portuguese beer and you WILL pay for your own nosh.

If you are interested in this light-hearted event, please pm me and remember all standards of musicianship are welcome.

I'm in Bill, but do we get party hats and crackers?

You're crackers enough already Colin. :D

13:34 Edited to add:_I doubt if anyone would want to pull you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea Ian, whatever form it takes. Distance obviously will affect.
Like Dave notes, I have have Karen's Stables event in the back of my mind, but still don't know how I can fit it in. I'd like to get there.
Colin

So are we doing this? or what?

I'm in Bill, but do we get party hats and crackers?

Go on then. Hopefully my sat nav will get me lost again and I'll end up down the Kings Road yet again!!

Just a minute, I hadn't seen that edit before, Bill! Now you'll never get your direct cut Harry James back.

Ian, you dont want to get round the King's Road on a Saturday before Chrtistmas. If you come around the M25 as far as J7, M23, I can give you a direct route or perhaps come by here on the way (it's only 20 mins to Bill's on back roads). We can do this on PM is you like.
Colin

Just a minute, I hadn't seen that edit before, Bill! Now you'll never get your direct cut Harry James back.

Ian, you dont want to get round the King's Road on a Saturday before Chrtistmas. If you come around the M25 as far as J7, M23, I can give you a direct route or perhaps come by here on the way (it's only 20 mins to Bill's on back roads). We can do this on PM is you like.
Colin

Just a post code'll do it for getting there. On my last 2 visits to the CaSLM my sat nav has spazzed on the way home and taken me towards central London for some strange reason.

Lady and Gentlemen who wish to visit the CaSLM N 'n' B. Yes there is a lady, only twenty-one and she tells me that as she plays, she wriggles so much, all her clothes fall off. I have promised we will all play with our eyes shut.

We will need you to pm your addresses for two reasons
1) So that Colin and I have a good alibi when your abode is burgled :)
2) So that the dots and CDs can be sent to you. Obviously as we need to work rather than practise, you will all be better than us. To be honest, you are better than us even before we start.

If you have any tune you would like to do, please pm name and key to give us a chance to see if we can provide a backing track.

Remember, the aim is to have an enjoyable natter, an enjoyable nosh and an enjoyable blow. :welldone
CaSLM.

Might I also suggest that this enterprise might benefit by people posting here, saying that they are interested?
It shows that this is not a dead thread. Bump.

Even I intent to be there!
Looking forward to it, even though it is the wrong side of the river.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have loved to come along but have already committed to something on that day. Have a great day.

Update. Discs will be coming out fairly soon, so I need addresses, if you haven't sent yours, then I'll just put them in the pillar box. It might be the best answer as playing with BiaB, and being lazy, not wishing to fire up keyboard or EWI, used the computer keyboard to compose QUERTY Blues, in concert F or D for the Ebs and G for the Bbs. Bit like Stevie or any blind pianist, sounds really weird but you've got another nine choruses before complaints will be crushed in a withering style. ;} Won't bother to provide dots but you can have a blues scale provided to use or ignore. Must go, Uncle tom for the weekend and Monday so behind time. Stop mouthing, "You usually are." YC. :ashamed

Hello Bill, where do we meet, and at what time?
I only ask so far in advance as I'm not very lucky with public transport.
My daily commute seems to be dogged by chaos-theory like effects, such as signal failure in the Ashby-de-la-Zouch area or a strike by French air traffic controllers.
And I go by bus!

btw. in your quote are you referring to the ex-motor racing driver?

Update. Discs will be coming out fairly soon, so I need addresses, if you haven't sent yours, then I'll just put them in the pillar box. It might be the best answer as playing with BiaB, and being lazy, not wishing to fire up keyboard or EWI, used the computer keyboard to compose QUERTY Blues, in concert F or D for the Ebs and G for the Bbs. Bit like Stevie or any blind pianist, sounds really weird but you've got another nine choruses before complaints will be crushed in a withering style. ;} Won't bother to provide dots but you can have a blues scale provided to use or ignore. Must go, Uncle tom for the weekend and Monday so behind time. Stop mouthing, "You usually are." YC. :ashamed

special delivery man turned up today - now other 'arf thinks I've bought something (else) - can't 'just' be music..... thanks Bill, a lot of stuff eh, is it a stopover. should I bring a sleeping bag?

Look at it this way, if you gain admission to the CaSLM P C O, I wont have to send out new material for years. ;}
Young Col might spoil it. He is threatening to practise! :confused:

Yes the SD man turned up for me at 7.15 as well today. Nice because it was for me, rather than other members of my family who are still asleep then.
Geoff just to warn you that although OG lives in a moated castle, he is confined to the oubliet after dark, so you would have to curl up very small on the floor.
Practice? Having just watched Stan Getz on the adjacent thread I think I'll give up.:sax:

Back
Top Bottom