Taming The Saxophone
Resource icon

Chris Potter Transcription Review

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
kevgermany submitted a new resource:

Chris Potter Transcription Review - Chris Potter, Eli Bennet, Transcription

When Pete suggested I review this, I must admit I had no idea what I was in for. "Chris Potter? Who's he?" And the author... Eli Bennett... "Another who's he?".

I guess Pete thought my horizons needed broadening. Find out a new aspect of the sax, jazz especially.

And that it was, a new journey and new revelations. In all a humbling, but uplifting experience. Chris' playing almost made me want to throw my sax away. I've so much to learn and so far to go. If you don't know of him, he's one of...
Read more about this resource...

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
I'm well aware of Mr Potter. He's on another planet to me. But even more awesome, I thought, was seeing Eli Bennett playing one of the transcriptions (All The Things) on the website. I guess I never practised enough when I was young and the old fingers and brain can't cope with anything approaching that speed nowadays. I might get it out of curiosity though. I've got a pile of Brecker transcriptions that fall into the same category. I hope no-one does the same job on Marius Neset - then I'll really be sick.

scotsman

Had a call from my partner a couple of years ago to tell me that Chris Potter was playing at the Blue Lamp in Aberdeen as part of the Jazz festival. I wondered how much the tickets were.. £15.. It was a steal.. A great performance and a really nice self effacing guy.. I managed to have a quick chat with him re his horn.. very forthcoming with info.....

Top Bottom