Tutorials

Chris Potter Transcription Book

ChrisPotterBook

The Official CHRIS POTTER transcription eBook Chris Potter Plays Acapella Standards is now available from Eli Bennett Publishing as a digital download (Bb and Concert versions available - includes eBook and recordings).

The exciting new 136-page eBook features eleven inspiring acapella Potter tenor saxophone solos over standards, including ALL THE THINGS YOU ARE, TUNE UP, I LOVE YOU, 26-2, HAVE YOU MET MISS JONES 1&2, JUST FRIENDS, IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU, CONFIRMATION, LADYBIRD, I HEAR A RHAPSODY, and is available for digital download at elibennett. com

Chris98

Hi Kev,

Thanks for the review, you have certainly piqued by interest, but after looking at the following video I fear that it is well beyond my abilities!

All the best,

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Hi Kev,

Thanks for the review, you have certainly piqued by interest, but after looking at the following video I fear that it is well beyond my abilities!

All the best,

Chris

That's why I suggested starting with an easy one...

No way I can play much of that stuff, either. But it's also really useful as a technical analysis of how Chris takes a tune and develops his improvisations. And that's something I dind't put in the review, but should have!

Chris98

Thanks Kev,

I was quietly wondering if it had the potential to help someone like me, someone who it nowhere close to being that technically proficient, or able to play at that speed.

I like the idea of just hearing the sax, so often the nuances are lost in the rest of the music unless the ear is attuned to them. I think as a developing player it would be very beneficial to be able to hear just the instrument and hopefully it will help highlight (the many) areas of deficiency in my playing.

I think I will spend a bit of time investigating Mr. Potter.

All the best,

Chris

Top Bottom