All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Chord analysis for 1,300 popular songs

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Bizarre. Why transpose everything to C when you could just use Roman chord notation to arrive at the answer directly? Anyway, what a surprise, the tonic, dominant, sub-dominant and relative minor are the most commonly used chords! Anyone who's done G5 theory could tell you that!

Why are chords IV and V most common? In part because with them and chord I you can harmonise all notes in the diatonic scale. In Cmaj

I = CEG
IV = FAC
V = GBD

And vi (which is minor in a major key) has ACE.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Bizarre. Why transpose everything to C when you could just use Roman chord notation to arrive at the answer directly?
I guess it made it easier for him/her to do it with a computer.

Seems like a fairly pointless exercise to me.

navarro

Why anyone would spend their spare time doing this, I do not know, but they did, and the results make moderately interesting, if unsurprising results......

http://blog.hooktheory.com/2012/06/...ular-songs-for-patterns-this-is-what-i-found/
Interesting after dinner conversation can you imagine throwing it at your guests after the usual high octane banter such as " Off to where for hols this year Toby." Aforesaid would probably cut out " The kids really like their new school. ( subdued whisper.) "I believe the Head wants to introduce corporal punishment again in senior school." Sniggers all round. :D Regds N.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom