support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces Chinese metal mpiece

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Hi All,

After my disaster of misplacing my Lawton & finding it again I decided to get a spare 'cheapo' metal m/p off eBay. I didn't think too much of it, it was £30 and a no name silver plate no. 5 lay metal piece. I was pleasantly suprised with it I have to say! Yes, some aspects of it were cheap, like the crappy ligature that wouldn't fit over the reed and then as I tried to stretch it I discovered the metal was very flimsy, so I'm going to invest in a better lig (as a Rovner doesn't fit!) However, when I put this on my tenor it completely transformed the sound of it to a real loud, raucous tone but still giving me the ability to play softly. It's an edgy piece and the difference in tip opening has solved my nostril issue I moaned about the other month on here! So, for a while I am sticking with it to see how well it can perform and how my nostrils can be saved from exhaustion!!
I feel now that perhaps because I was given the Lawton I just adjusted to it but experimenting with a few other pieces has made me realise a few things and the fact a mouthpiece change can make the world of difference :)
Can't be bad for £30 - I say it's money very well spent

Well done. I'm a firm believer in not adapting to the mouthpiece but changing till you find one that fits. Same as shoes innit? A quality mouthpiece you can't play is less use than a cheapy you can skip about on.

Chinarizao was it? I keep looking at them. Gold plated brass mmmmmm

I've had a couple of Sharkbite Chinese mouthpieces. Very good players. The gold plating was a bit thin, but other than that they were good value.

I've recently taken receipt of a cheapo no-named metal tenor mouthpiece from China via eBay. At £25 I was expecting to have to reface it but surprise, surprise, it is a very good mouthpiece that is free blowing and has a good balance of warmth and projection, easy vibrato and altissimo. I haven't yet been poisoned nor had to spit out flakey gold plating. This is a welcome alternative to the sickeningly inflated prices of the big brand names.

I too recently picked one up second hand on ebay for a tenner. I thought it was a fair gamble at that price. Stamped 5. Pleasantly surprised. Bright and loud with good intonation. I've been playing it with a white crane reed. Seems to make sense. Chinese sax, chinese mp, chinese reed. And it don't half look pretty lol.

I'm seriously considering one for soprano. I like the look of the slide on ligature ones.

Hi All,

It's an edgy piece and the difference in tip opening has solved my nostril issue I moaned about the other month on here! So, for a while I am sticking with it to see how well it can perform and how my nostrils can be saved from exhaustion!!

i'm intrigued by this.....have i been putting my mouthpiece in the wrong place all these years?:w00t:

noseflute1.jpg

well here goes
Ive ordered a chinese metal mouthpiece from ebay today
Probly wont come for weeks
But at least it on its way.

Appologies to all the expensive mouthpiece companies out there but I cant afford your extremely overpriced units.

So how come I can buy a complete brand new sax for $600 aus and I have to pay $600 for a jody jazz mouthpiece
Go figure
appologies to pete ...I know your mps arent 600 but still out of my price range
as im not a professional so they arent tax deductible.
I`ll keep you all posted as to how it goes when I get it.
Regards
Allansto

Last edited by a moderator:
The one below...... colin........ Allansto
Features:

This is a Brand New great looking and sounding Bb Metal mouthpiece for Tenor saxophone, suitable for the student to professional saxophonist. This well crafted hand made instrument, and made from all new heavy gauge yellow brass material. With decades of experience behind the manufacture of this fine instrument, you can be absolutely confident in its performance and durability. Other sizes such as 5,6,8,9,10,11,12 size No is avaiable if you need. and please note the correct size of mouthpiece in the field of Paypal. If not, we will arrange the size No,7 for you, most musical players choose it. thank you.
  • Condition: Brand New
  • Material: Yellow Brass
  • Surface: Silver plated
  • Tone: Bb
  • Like Selmer metal mouthpiece
  • Metal material ensures its longevity
  • Metal ligature offers secured holding of the reed
  • Right sound,intonation,and projection
Accessories:
  • Free Carton box
  • Free cap,scature.

Back