support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Chinese Blocs - GroupTheLoop version

Janosax

I have practiced my saxophone a lot last months. Here is a first result of that work.

This is again sax looping improvisation with iPhone 7 Plus and fantastic GroupTheLoop app.

Sax effects, looper, loops/scenes, mutes/solos are all triggered with pedalboard/MidiFire custom script. All this improvisation is recorded live in one and only pass in AUM mixer app. Stereo file is then processed with Lurssen Mastering Console app.

I still have to practice for the stage, the goal being playing all of this live :)

Sax setup is Gear4music tenor sax with Lebayle LRII 8*/Vandoren Optimum/Legere Signature 2, recorded with wonderful Viga Music Tools Intramic plugged in Irig Pro I/O straight to iPhone 7 Plus.

Wraps you up in a warm musical blanket

Where did those low notes come from? (That's me thinking aloud)

It's the sort of thing I'd bring friends to see

Last edited:
Thanks @Ivan Low notes are tenor sax altered. In fact I play only tenor sax, but I use a real-time pitch shifting effect which allow my tenor sax to sound like soprano or bass sax (one octave up or down). Latency is very minimal so I can play this live, record loops or play solo parts. This is not midi but altered audio, so this is still me and I can express myself though those pitched sounds too :)