support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Chelsea Bridge on my new tenor and soprano

Very "Film noir".

Chris..

Nice playing, as usual and excellent atmospherics. Not sure about the match in timbre between the tenor and sop. Almost sounds like they aren't in tune with each other, but don't think it's so much tuning as that they just aren't complimenting each other that well. Could be something that could be fixed in the mix? The sop sounds sort of thin and out of tune (which I doubt that it is) at about 1:55.

Good to hear you pushing boundaries and putting these experiments out there. Whatever you do don’t stop!

Nice playing, as usual and excellent atmospherics. Not sure about the match in timbre between the tenor and sop. Almost sounds like they aren't in tune with each other, but don't think it's so much tuning as that they just aren't complimenting each other that well. Could be something that could be fixed in the mix? The sop sounds sort of thin and out of tune (which I doubt that it is) at about 1:55.

Good to hear you pushing boundaries and putting these experiments out there. Whatever you do don’t stop!

Have to disagree here.The section you mentioned is what i would call tension,the sop is slowly rising on them tension trills.Tuning sounds ok my end.Its a tense piece but that was my aim.How boring would jazz be with perfect tuned notes on every note ,very boring. Them little inflections is what makes each player his own man and style,sound.My method is i've got 13 notes and i can throw them in anytime,the hard part is getting out :))):))):)))

Hey Davey, if you're happy doesn't matter what I think. Just giving an honest view from where I'm sitting. Tension is good, but works best when resolved, otherwise there is no basis for saying what tension is.

You're right though as there is no prescription for what works as this is very subjective. You liked it, you wanted to share it. That's all good.

Hey Davey, if you're happy doesn't matter what I think. Just giving an honest view from where I'm sitting. Tension is good, but works best when resolved, otherwise there is no basis for saying what tension is.

You're right though as there is no prescription for what works as this is very subjective. You liked it, you wanted to share it. That's all good.

It all matters,all opinions are good.Fresh ears can some times be just the thing.If we all liked the same life would be dull,1 mans ying,1 mans yang.some go left some go right.Talking about our efforts is all good.We are all on a never ending road and search to being a better ,nicer,happier player.

Back
Top Bottom