support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Cheese

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Café Supporter
Yes I know it isn't wine but I'm not starting a cheese a thread as the two do go together:)

Just couldn't resist trying this from Tesco "Abondance"

Made with unpasteurised milk to traditional methods in the Haute-Savoie region of the French alps. A delicate fruity flavour with hints of hazelnut...

Very nice cheese

Jx

Hmmm....cheese deserves its own thread IMHO.

Mind you I did have my own little cheese and wine party at Waitrose yesterday when I found the table with little bits of cheese on cocktails sticks and free mini glasses of a very posh Pinot Noir. Problem is the glasses (or rather, the plastics) are so small you can't have more than two or three before you then need to go away for two minutes and then come back in disguise for more.

Anyway, that was lunch taken care of.

Yes I know it isn't wine but I'm not starting a cheese a thread as the two do go together:)

Just couldn't resist trying this from Tesco "Abondance"

Made with unpasteurised milk to traditional methods in the Haute-Savoie region of the French alps. A delicate fruity flavour with hints of hazelnut...

Very nice cheese

Jx

I guess a Cheese thread can't hurt!

Although I have some ancestors in Haute-Savoie, I didn't know Abondance! My mother's keeps buying her favorite Beaufort and never forgets to remind us that it's her dad's region's cheese. He was born in Paris, but as always he was particularly attached to his roots.

Famous De Gaule quote: "How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?"

BTW, you didn't even say what you drunk with your Abondance !

Sainsbury's does a good Chaource, unpasteurised, when at its peak is a joy

A white brie-like skin with a fairly chalky interior that melts, from the outside in, to an unctuous slick

Last edited:
A good friend of mine who teaches jazz at a local University, the Jazz for Cows guy, compares "traditional jazz" to "smooth jazz" with a cheese analogy. They make Cheeze Whiz spell it that way because it contains such a small amount of "real" cheese. To call it "cheese" amounts to false advertising. I think we should start a movement to change the spelling of "Smooth Jazz" to something different for the same reason. >:) Maybe Smooth Whiz would be more suitable. I sure hope you don't have Cheeze Whiz where you live.

Comparing natural cheese to processed cheese

A good friend of mine who teaches jazz at a local University, the Jazz for Cows guy, compares "traditional jazz" to "smooth jazz" with a cheese analogy. They make Cheeze Whiz spell it that way because it contains such a small amount of "real" cheese. To call it "cheese" amounts to false advertising. I think we should start a movement to change the spelling of "Smooth Jazz" to something different for the same reason. >:) Maybe Smooth Whiz would be more suitable. I sure hope you don't have Cheeze Whiz where you live.

Comparing natural cheese to processed cheese
Your favourite reading material?
Culture cheese magazine is America's first and best magazine devoted to the love of cheese.

Culture: The Word on Cheese Magazine

Cheese please Louise.
Gorgonzola mascarponi (approx. at least 100 gramms per person)
Doesn't have to be with mascarponi but it is creamier in consistance
Chop some garlic and fry in olive oil very lightly on a low heat - do not burn it !!!
Add the gorgonzola and stir until it melts to a creamy sauce
Keep stirring and add some grated parmesan
Add cream - don't ask me how much - I play and cook by ear.
Taste it - if it tastes good it is good.
Serve with Pasta whatever you like - I prefer Butterflies - "Farfalle" (also approx. at least 100 gramms per person)
- a side salad with Balsamico and Olive oil dressing
accompanied with a glass or bottle (or two) of yer favourite white Italian plonk
Bob's yer Uncle and Giovanni is mio zio

Back
Top Bottom