PPT mouthpieces

Cheechies Chumungas

Wade Cornell

Locality
New Zealand and Australia
Recent practice with my regular guitarist came up with this. Latin style guitar loop and sax improvisation.

DeadAudiolink Removed

Critical comments always welcome.

That was fun to listen to.:thumb: Spaghetti western sprang to mind a cross between "Shane and Magnificent Seven"

Chris..

You have a wonderful knack for coming up with improvised melodies, which I find very difficult to do, myself.
Very nice flavor!

Recent practice with my regular guitarist came up with this. Latin style guitar loop and sax improvisation.

DeadAudiolink Removed

Critical comments always welcome.

Right where do i start !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only teasing.Very nice flow.Reminds me of a lazy day in the Mediterranean.Of which i've had many.Just for me i'd love you to take off the odd time and blow.Thats just to please me mind.Most of the great duo stuff yous do does not need alot of blows i know but just a few please.I think it would add more texture and depth to the great body of your work.Great job again.

Thanks all for your comments. Kind of you to comment on the melodic content Mike. It's the only thing I can (sometimes) do, so try to make the most of it.

Thanks Chris I can wear a spaghetti western but usually have a bib on so that I don’t.

Not sure what you mean Davey by "blow". I've been told I suck. Do you mean go blow? More volume? More intensity? More like let it RIP? At my age I'm closer to RIP meaning Rest In Peace. I've never had the technique to play very fast. My own fault as I don't want to play standard riffs and such that allow one to play fast without thinking much. I'm just not that quick to think of creative lines that can come out at a fast pace. Kind of stuck in the melodic thing and taking it at a pace where I can consciously bring something together. Doesn't always work, but that's my process.

Would be happy to take in the criticism, but don't know what "blow" means to you specifically. Please enlighten.

Once again thanks for taking time to comment.

Thanks Chris I can wear a spaghetti western but usually have a bib on so that I don’t.

Hey Wade it is a rare skill to be able to use music to create visual images with the listener( with no drug use) you must develop it more..btw can you send me an MP3 of this track??

Chris...

Thanks all for your comments. Kind of you to comment on the melodic content Mike. It's the only thing I can (sometimes) do, so try to make the most of it.

Not sure what you mean Davey by "blow". I've been told I suck. Do you mean go blow? More volume? More intensity? More like let it RIP? At my age I'm closer to RIP meaning Rest In Peace. I've never had the technique to play very fast. My own fault as I don't want to play standard riffs and such that allow one to play fast without thinking much. I'm just not that quick to think of creative lines that can come out at a fast pace. Kind of stuck in the melodic thing and taking it at a pace where I can consciously bring something together. Doesn't always work, but that's my process.

Would be happy to take in the criticism, but don't know what "blow" means to you specifically. Please enlighten.

Once again thanks for taking time to comment.

I meant the odd little solo thing in a few tunes.When i say blow around here i mean solo,my slang i'm afraid for solo.I said in the post that most of your great duo stuff does not need it i think but for me a couple here,there would enrich,broaden,depth,dynamics,climax to a certain few tunes i think but again this is just my opinion for my likes,tastes,as said its a great piece as normal.
ps, no criticism what so ever,i enjoyed it alot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant the odd little solo thing in a few tunes.When i say blow around here i mean solo,my slang i'm afraid for solo.I said in the post that most of your great duo stuff does not need it i think but for me a couple here,there would enrich,broaden,depth,dynamics,climax to a certain few tunes i think but again this is just my opinion for my likes,tastes,as said its a great piece as normal.
ps, no criticism what so ever,i enjoyed it alot.

OK I know what you mean and agree. Problem is that these are unwritten and unrehearsed recordings and it's not possible for me to get the guitarist to repeat stuff. ¾ of the time I’m playing over him as it is. It's all just one take and that's what happened, no room for rearrangements, solos, nothing, just editing. I'm hoping to start doing some of my own recording by making some simple backing tracks and having a "blow". I think these will sound totally different as I've mostly been playing in a manner where I'm trying to fit with the guitarist. When I play with others the style is often completely different. I also have some tracks from the guitarist where I liked what he did and I stank. These I have the luxury of taking my time with and seeing if it's possible to play something a bit better (practiced improvisation). Haven't done any of this yet as I'm extremely busy right now and terribly slow at trying to put together background tracks and not good at practicing and recording with a set piece (inexperienced). Will see what the future holds. I don't have any expectations though as I get inspiration from playing live with others.

Hey Wade it is a rare skill to be able to use music to create visual images with the listener( with no drug use) you must develop it more..btw can you send me an MP3 of this track??

Chris...

Thanks Chris. Glad you like it that much. Am sending now.

OK I know what you mean and agree. Problem is that these are unwritten and unrehearsed recordings and it's not possible for me to get the guitarist to repeat stuff. ¾ of the time I’m playing over him as it is. It's all just one take and that's what happened, no room for rearrangements, solos, nothing, just editing. I'm hoping to start doing some of my own recording by making some simple backing tracks and having a "blow". I think these will sound totally different as I've mostly been playing in a manner where I'm trying to fit with the guitarist. When I play with others the style is often completely different. I also have some tracks from the guitarist where I liked what he did and I stank. These I have the luxury of taking my time with and seeing if it's possible to play something a bit better (practiced improvisation). Haven't done any of this yet as I'm extremely busy right now and terribly slow at trying to put together background tracks and not good at practicing and recording with a set piece (inexperienced). Will see what the future holds. I don't have any expectations though as I get inspiration from playing live with others.

All sorted.

Back
Top Bottom