support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Strings Caution advised...

It's a good show. I'm enjoying it. Sheridan makes a good Cilla. I never noticed a cellist. I'll have another look on catch up

Never been able to take Priscilla White seriously since the Goodies, "Not the high notes" remarks.

There's a pan shot through the orchestra. I'm afraid it's mostly my shining pate... There should be more next week...

Oh I'll have to watch it again and pause it. I think Sheridan Smith is playing a superb part and boy what a voice. I had a tear or two last night listening to her. I bet you had a great time shooting it. I smiled when she said she expected a rock n roll band not a bunch of old guys, then wow those old guys can play

I think it's a bit of a swizz if they're not using Cilla's original recordings. I watched her tribute later on last night. It's very revealing hearing other girls sing her songs. Cilla has such a powerful voice with such an expressive range. it's a shame she didn't get a speaking voice lol

Reactions: Sue
Have a pic...

upload_2014-9-24_0-20-37.jpeg

Nice.

Is it the photo, or does your bridge have a bit of a lean? If it's leaning an early fix will save you paying for a new one.

OG - I'll have a chat with my mother about making necessary adjustments...

The photo is from the "Burt Bacharach" day, which will be next week's episode: strings, brass, guitar and percussion.

Kev - that's my other cello. I think it may be the angle of the photo, I don't think bridge is leaning, but I will check!

Cilla has such a powerful voice with such an expressive range.

Each to his own and all that, but I have to politely disagree! There was a documentary on the other night which followed an interview with 'Our Cilla' with a brief clip of Dusty Springfield singing. A bit cruel perhaps but truly the difference between night and day.

It doesn't make Cilla bad because Dusty is good. Night and day have their pro and cons. I suppose if a clip by Ella Fitzgerald or Nina Simone followed it would be the same for you. I appreciate Dusty and have a couple of compilation albums. I like Cilla's singing. She's not the only one I like. I'm sure that there are others that I like that you don't. Susan Boyle?

What I was impressed with doing the recordings was the quality of the actual music: it is melody led rather than rhythm and bass led which is so much nicer to listen to. And musically a lot more interesting. It was interesting to see the time signatures in our parts changing during the piece, and it wasn't all in 4/4 either!

A bit of a distraction if facing the leg...I mean string section. Nicely proportioned instruments. The violins were nice, too.