All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Strings Caution advised...

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
It's a good show. I'm enjoying it. Sheridan makes a good Cilla. I never noticed a cellist. I'll have another look on catch up

old git

Tremendous Bore
Locality
The Palm Tree strewn Wandle Surf Beach under the o
Never been able to take Priscilla White seriously since the Goodies, "Not the high notes" remarks.

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Café Supporter
Locality
Whitchurch, North Shropshire UK
There's a pan shot through the orchestra. I'm afraid it's mostly my shining pate... There should be more next week...

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon
Oh I'll have to watch it again and pause it. I think Sheridan Smith is playing a superb part and boy what a voice. I had a tear or two last night listening to her. I bet you had a great time shooting it. I smiled when she said she expected a rock n roll band not a bunch of old guys, then wow those old guys can play

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
I think it's a bit of a swizz if they're not using Cilla's original recordings. I watched her tribute later on last night. It's very revealing hearing other girls sing her songs. Cilla has such a powerful voice with such an expressive range. it's a shame she didn't get a speaking voice lol

Reactions: Sue

Tenor Viol

Café Supporter
Locality
Have a pic...

upload_2014-9-24_0-20-37.jpeg

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Nice.

Is it the photo, or does your bridge have a bit of a lean? If it's leaning an early fix will save you paying for a new one.

Tenor Viol

Café Supporter
Locality
OG - I'll have a chat with my mother about making necessary adjustments...

The photo is from the "Burt Bacharach" day, which will be next week's episode: strings, brass, guitar and percussion.

Kev - that's my other cello. I think it may be the angle of the photo, I don't think bridge is leaning, but I will check!

tommoh

Cilla has such a powerful voice with such an expressive range.

Each to his own and all that, but I have to politely disagree! There was a documentary on the other night which followed an interview with 'Our Cilla' with a brief clip of Dusty Springfield singing. A bit cruel perhaps but truly the difference between night and day.

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
It doesn't make Cilla bad because Dusty is good. Night and day have their pro and cons. I suppose if a clip by Ella Fitzgerald or Nina Simone followed it would be the same for you. I appreciate Dusty and have a couple of compilation albums. I like Cilla's singing. She's not the only one I like. I'm sure that there are others that I like that you don't. Susan Boyle?

Tenor Viol

Café Supporter
Locality
What I was impressed with doing the recordings was the quality of the actual music: it is melody led rather than rhythm and bass led which is so much nicer to listen to. And musically a lot more interesting. It was interesting to see the time signatures in our parts changing during the piece, and it wasn't all in 4/4 either!

Alc.

Locality
High plains of N/W New Mexico.
A bit of a distraction if facing the leg...I mean string section. Nicely proportioned instruments. The violins were nice, too.

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom