Tutorials

Saxophones case for a beuscher tt tenor sax

eb424

I have just bought one of these i paid £800 is it ok? it plays theres no dents but it does need a visit to the docs... anyhow the case is structurally sound but none of the 3 ltches work my question is is it worth getting it covered and fixed this is turning out to be quite difficult... alternatevely does nyone know of a case that the TT will fit in.. i only play for fun dont tour wont take it on an aeroplane but would like it to be protected. Also is it worth getting the sax stripped and clened there are a few pads that may need replacing or should i just get the basics done and enjoy the tone....although i may need to get someone else to play it to do that... Thnks all

Eddie

jonf

I'd just get the basics done and play it. They're not fantastically valuable but do have a very good tone. I have two True Tones at present, an alto and a soprano. Both a very sweet players but have poor ergonomics - the palm keys in particular only suit players with small hands or stumpy little fingers, which is the opposite of what I have.

True Tone cases are very poor at offering protection to the sax, with very limited padding and nothing to cushion the shock of a bash. I got a more modern case then removed some of the padding to allow for the bell keys being on opposite sides.

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
does nyone know of a case that the TT will fit in
Try looking here for a case that will fit:
Definitive case compatibility chart

The safest bet for a vintage horn seems to be a Protec XL.

Also is it worth getting the sax stripped and clened there are a few pads that may need replacing or should i just get the basics done
My preference would be to get the basics done unless the sax really needs more. Where pads need replacing then just get those done.

Top Bottom