All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Carinhoso - Pixinguinha

Marcello

Locality
Anderson, South Carolina
Hi Guys,
It has been a few months I don't share anything here...
although I keep listening your stuff..!!

I decided to share this version of a great Brazilian song (maybe not a great interpretation of mine though).
It is a samba/choro composed by Pixinguinha in the 20's.

I am sharing it without any reverb or adjustment, just as recorded from my mac's built in mic. No BT, sax only.
I would like to know your comments on my tone. There are days that I am so unhappy with it and others where I feel better... today it is a mid term... hehehe

Here is a sang version... I would like you guys to understand the lyrics... it is lovely.
View: http://youtu.be/C-Gg8HH1UzM

Here is the original version played by himself on flute and sang by Orlando Silva....
View: http://youtu.be/gmciBTsJdy4

And finally here is my version...
https://soundcloud.com/marcello-machado-3/carinhoso-pixinguinha1

hope you like it... I am glad to share with you this tiny part of the beautiful Brazilian culture
Cheers
Marcello

Last edited:

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
We all have days when we are unhappy with our tone or some aspect of our playing. :)

I thought your tone was fine, I was wondering how such a delicate piece would sound on sax and I think you played it very well, it was good to listen to the other versions first. Thanks for posting.

Jx

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon
I think your tone is very good on this piece, especially as it is so exposed without a BT. Well done and it's a lovely tune, thanks for sharing it :)

Marcello

Locality
Anderson, South Carolina
Thanks for the comments Jeanette and Sue! Really appreciated.

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Marcello the tone is very good. It's always very hard as a sax player to know just what we sound like.
That's why players like Dave O'Higgins etc spend a lot on mic's for there studio setup. Once again your tone is good and you sound like you have the sax under control.

Chris..

Marcello

Locality
Anderson, South Carolina
Marcello the tone is very good. It's always very hard as a sax player to know just what we sound like.
That's why players like Dave O'Higgins etc spend a lot on mic's for there studio setup. Once again your tone is good and you sound like you have the sax under control.

Chris..

Hi Chris
Thanks a lot for your comments... Very encouraging...!
Cheers

flamingoer

Locality
london
Nice one, Marcello.
There's a lovely version by Bud Shank and Laurindo Almeida on 'Brazilliance 1' I think,
but Marisa is my favourite.....so far!
Thanks for posting.

Marcello

Locality
Anderson, South Carolina
Nice one, Marcello.
There's a lovely version by Bud Shank and Laurindo Almeida on 'Brazilliance 1' I think,
but Marisa is my favourite.....so far!
Thanks for posting.

I also like Marisa's version a lot...!
Thanks for the comments....

Jonesy

Old Fart At Play
Locality
Birmingham, UK
Very nice. I love Jobim compositions.
Any idea where I can get sheet music for it?
Can't find it on the web.

Jonesy

Old Fart At Play
Locality
Birmingham, UK
I guess my eyes saw one thing and my mind translated it to something completely different.

Pareidolia.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom