support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Can't think of anything unique to say other than - new to sax - very enthusiastic!

Kath

Locality
South Wales
Hi

Hopefully this is somewhere like an oasis in a desert!! Been playing for 1 month - practice really hard every day and reaching a point where I could do with some direction I think???? Thanks to all for any advice/help/guidance . . .

Re: Can't think of anything unique to say other than - new to sax - very enthusiastic

Hi Kath

Welcome to the cafe. :)

Which sax do you play, have you had lessons or any previous musical experience.

Jx

Re: Can't think of anything unique to say other than - new to sax - very enthusiastic

I haven't had any lessons - though I did do the clrinet for a while at chool (toooo many years ago!) I can read music. I have an alto sax gear4music with a yamaha mouthpiece. I'm sorry if this isn't enough info?? I know nothing atall about the 'hardware' really

Thank you for the welcoem - I've felt very isolated this far!

nice to hear from a northerner too Jeanette - I'm from Manchester myself originally - Leigh, near Wigan. Heard of it?

Thank you for the welcoem - I've felt very isolated this far!

Don't worry they'll wake up soon and then you might wish they hadn't;}

Saw your post re get togethers in Swansea we have a member down there who may well take you up on that, he has lots of good advice too.

Jx

nice to hear from a northerner too Jeanette - I'm from Manchester myself originally - Leigh, near Wigan. Heard of it?

Yes my brother in law lived in Leigh for a time, in fact our first house when we got married was in Westhoughton but we moved back this way for work.

Jx

That'd be amazing if someone would hook up - my hubby plays the guitar and is really supportive, but I don't know anoy other sax players - and we're a special breed aren't we!

Wow - what a small world! I lived there from 1967 to 1986 - were you there then??

and we're a special breed aren't we!

Without a doubt:)

Jx

Wow - what a small world! I lived there from 1967 to 1986 - were you there then??

1985-1986

probably don't know you but it's good to have an affinity!!!

Hi Kath,

Welcome to this madhouse, from a bit further north.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Amanda

Thanks Amanda!!

Hi Welcome

I'm from Shropshire, so somewhere in between! However, I grew up in Liverpool (pedantically, in Lancashire, the Liverpool boundary was a mile away and until 1974 I lived in Lancashire - probably 15 miles or so from Leigh)

Welcome to the cafe Kath. You will get lots of advice here.

Jim.

Hi and welcome Kath :D

Welcome to the cafe Kath

Enjoy your journey :D

Welcome to the caff©, Kath.

If you really couldn't think of anything to say, your post would read, " ."

ENJOY!​™

Hi and Welcome, Nice place to be here lot`s of advice interspersed with a few amusing observations and comments. Regds N. If you can not think of anything unique to say try saying this backwards .

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwwllllantysiliogogoch This should all be joined up
That is the Welsh pronounciation it is slightly shorter in English.>:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome Kath, I am new to sax - been about a month - as well. I have a tutor now which is so much better than just trying to learn from a CD or book. I need to make time for practice though! Also learning to read music so pretty busy.

Great advice from nice people on here -------- at all hours of the day!

Back
Top Bottom