All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Beginner Sax Cannonball 2010 tenor vintage reborn

Frank Contreras

Is anyone familiar with this model of Cannonaball? Visited Atlanta , Georgia. Visited Sam Ash store while there an saw a used Cannonball for $1899.00. Sax was built solid somewhat heavy. However, I am unsure if a 2010 model should cost almost $1899.00

Any like or dislike this model? How does it compare to Cannonball 2014 models??

Any thoughts or help on this appreciated.

davidk

Paints With Notes
Locality
Earth
I have one from 2011 and love it - a great fit for me. The Vintage Reborn series has had different engraving patterns, but as far as I know a 2010 horn is otherwise the same as a 2014 model.

Try it against other saxes. If you prefer it, go for it. If you prefer another sax, go for that. How someone feels about a saxophone is personal preference. Nothing wrong with the build quality though. Review here: http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk/Reviews/Saxes/Tenor/cannonball_trio.htm

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
From a tech's standpoint, they are built very well. They play great too.

zelda

On the border
Locality
British Columbia interior, Canada
I was at St. John's Music in Regina , Saskatchewan a couple of months ago. I was there to buy some reeds and browse a bit as there aren't any sax shops where I live. I had a look at the Yamahas and the salesman told me that they had good prices on the Cannonballs. I told him I was a Yamaha guy. However, after reading the above review, I'll be taking a close look at the Cannonball Vintage Reborn next time.

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
That is the sax I am going to buy..........................possibly! Still not sure if I should sell my 62......................mmmm

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom